⁷⁸. 𝑀𝑜𝑡𝑖𝑣𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

Time was up. The quantum realm took them all from their respective spots in time and brought them back to the same spot where they had left, all around the same circle. The suits disappeared off their bodies as they searched that everyone had made it safe and sound before celebrating.

"Did we get 'em all?" Bruce asked first.

"Are you telling me this actually worked?"

The sound of Clint falling to his knees dropped the smiles out of everyone's faces. They noticed the lack of his partner beside him, their gazes searching for her presence in the room. That's when Bruce finally dared to ask;

"Clint, where's Nat?"

Clint's silence told them everything they needed to know. A gasp escaped the group as a whole, but when Tony didn't hear any reaction coming from his wife's lips, he panicked. His eyes flickered all across the room for a sign of her, only to be received with nothing.

"Wait," his voice was laced with deep concern. "Where's (Y/N)?"

Rhodey looked around his sides and his eyebrows furrowed. "I thought — she was next to me."

Tony's expression hardened. His eyes fixated on Rhodey across the platform from him, and he stepped back knowing he would be the fuel of Tony's anger. Before he could march up to him, Bruce restrained him from moving, stepping in front of him. Steve also tried to assist but Tony fought hard against them. Everyone else was either too frozen to move or were assisting Bruce and Steve in pulling Tony away before he did something he might regret.

"Come on, Tony. Tony — "

"Where is she, Rhodes?" Tony shouted. "What happened to my wife?"

"She has to be alive, Tony," Bruce tried to reason, holding his hands in front of him. "You know (Y/N). She's strong."

Tony kept fussing against their grip, but not that hard as before. "She has to."

"She will."

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

They honestly don't know how they got Tony to focus enough on the task in hand and to worry about (Y/N)'s safety at the same time. Motivated by her sudden disappearance and Natasha's ultimate sacrifice for one of the stones, they had to make this work.

Tony adjusted the stones into their respective spots in a new gauntlet that he had fabricated. He wasn't touching them of course, but instead moved them with his technology while he controlled them over a wall of glass. Bruce and Rocket were on his sides assisting him if needed, silence being the only thing in the room.