⁴⁶. 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐴𝑖𝑟𝑝𝑜𝑟𝑡 𝐵𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

Nerves bundled inside (Y/N)'s stomach in a tight knot, consistently tugging on it like her insides were playing Tug of War every time she took a deep breath. Her pounding headaches kept coming and going, yet she paid them no mind because there were worst things to focus on at the time. The team had split up in different groups throughout the airport to cover more ground, knowing that they might run into Tony at some point. So, considering that Steve was one of the main people Tony was pissed off with, (Y/N) decided to join him and Scott, thinking that she might have a better chance in calming things down.

She and Steve walked silently through the empty airport, meanwhile Scott had shrunk down with his special suit and sat on the shield in silence. The duo spotted a lone helicopter standing a few feet away and were starting to run toward it when an electrical shock wrapped itself over the rotor. This stopped them in their tracks, looking up to see where it came from to perfectly see Tony in his Iron Man suit hovering above them.

Tony landed on the ground in front of them with Rhodey right behind them, lifting dust up due to their harsh landing. (Y/N) pressed her lips in a thin line and avoided locking eyes with the man behind the helmet.

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport," Tony began. His helmet went back and it revealed his face, and (Y/N) couldn't help but notice the black eye adorning his face. He turned to face Rhodey. "Don't you think that's weird?"

"Definitely weird."

"Hear me out, Tony," Steve spoke up, an exhausted tone behind his voice. It was noticiable that he was getting tired of arguing with him. "That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this."

(Y/N) heard a thud behind her and she turned around just in time to see another person jumping into the scene. T'Challa stared down at the two behind his Black Panther mask.

"Captain, Lieutenant," he nodded his head.

(Y/N) copied his action to show respect, despite that he was there to stop them. "Your Highness."

"Anyway," Tony interrupted the formality. He moved around Rhodey as he kept talking. "Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you in. That was 24 hours ago. Can you help a brother out?"

"You're after the wrong guy."

"Your judgement is askew. Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday."

"And there are five more super soldiers just like him," Steve raised his voice to add onto the seriousness. "I can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. I can't."