⁵¹. 𝑀𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑆𝑝𝑖𝑑𝑒𝑟

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

"You did what?"

"Honey, it seemed like the most reasonable outcome — "

Tony tried to defend himself, but to no avail. (Y/N) had her arms crossed defensively over her chest, her foot tapping against the floor. She was glad the room was empty, or she would've been embarrassed of people watching her loud talk with Tony.

"You took the kid's suit?!"

Tony cleared his throat and adjusted the sleeves of his clothes. "You watched the news. It was the least I could do."

(Y/N) hummed in reply to that defense. She did watch the news, since Tony had interrupted inn the middle of her reunion with Natasha to make her watch for herself. The friendly neighborhood Spider-Man, or in this case, Peter 'the kid' Parker, had been in the middle of a Staten Island Ferry explosion. Fortunately for him, no one died, but the explosion had split the ferry in half and almost sunk to the bottom of the ocean if it weren't for Tony's impecable timing.

"It kinda feels like you're doing one of those moments when a parent takes a toy away from a kid because they misbehaved," (Y/N) moved her hands to rest on her hips.

"That's exactly what I'm doing," Tony copied her pose, lifting his chin in pride. "Kid needs a lesson."

(Y/N) didn't know what to say, she just shook her head in disbelief. She sighed and tried to make her point, "He just wanted to prove himself for you. He's literally a 15 year old teen. Did he screw up? Big time. But did you have to  — "

"Okay, I admit I might've crossed the lines over the things I said," he cut her off and she could see how his shoulders sagged, removing weight from them. A part of her was shocked, since it was strange occurrence to hear him admit he was wrong. "You should've seen it. I sounded like my dad."

(Y/N) knew that was a rough spot for him, and how much he wanted to stray from that image. She wished she had a better knowledge and understanding of how was his father — the great Howard Stark — but those memories went down the drain after the crash and she had no possible way to comfort him. Right now, she pressed a soothing hand on his arm.

"What are you planning to do?" she asked next, and strayed from the subject, knowing that's what he wanted.

He sighed, afraid of the question. "Hoping that teaches him to back off from things he doesn't understand and hopefully give him the suit back."

"That's good," she nodded. "He has a lot of potential."

Tony smiled softly and his eyes visibly softened, as if a thought came to his head. "You know, if you and I had a kid, he would be like Peter."