¹⁰. 𝑅𝑒𝑐𝑟𝑢𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔

📍NEW YORK CITY ───✱*

📍NEW YORK CITY
───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

"I think I should've stayed in the car," (Y/N) told Phil Coulson as she and him walked through the first floor and lobby of the Stark Tower.

Due to Fury's request, they were bringing everyone in from the 'Avengers Initiative' list to locate the Tesseract, and much to (Y/N)'s dismay, Tony Stark was unfortunately on that list. It had been almost two years after that mission, and she had no clue of what to expect.

Coulson and (Y/N) stepped into the elevator and pressed the button to the floor he'd be in, being on one of the highest floors of the tower.

"It'll be fine," Coulson reassured, though he wasn't quite sure himself. He rang the phone once when they were nearing the building, but he hadn't gotten an answer.

This time, it looked like he did, and he put the phone on speaker. "Mr. Stark, we need to talk."

"You have reached the life model decoy of Tony Stark," his voice was monotone, so he could play the part. There was a faint chuckle in the background, probably belonging to Pepper Potts. "Please leave a message."

"This is urgent."

"Then leave it urgently," Tony said before cutting the call off.

At that moment, the elevator doors opened and the small screen showed the number of the floor they'd stopped in. Coulson's hand was still holding the phone by his ear and (Y/N) gave a fake enthusiastic smile once Tony's eyes fell on her; his mouth opened the slightest, and he didn't let that surprise knock him off guard.

"Security breach," Tony announced. "It's on you."

Coulson's lips formed a thin line as he stepped into the floor. "Mr. Stark."

Pepper turned around from her spot on the couch and a smile popped in her lips, her voice in a happy tone. "Phil! (Y/N)! Come in."

Tony frowned. "'Phil'? '(Y/N)?"

After the entire fiasco in the Expo, and after Pepper had demanded an explanation to why (Y/N) acted the way she did and why she came to work in the company in the first place, the entire dynamic between the two changed. It wasn't awkward or uncomfortable anymore, both respected the other and it was refreshing to see.

"We can't stay," (Y/N) apologetically said.

"Uh, his first name is 'Agent'," Tony pointed at Coulson with the hand that wasn't holding the champagne glass, and then proceeded to salute. "Lieutenant, nice to see you."