⁶⁰. 𝑅𝑒𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑛

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

The entirety of the Avengers compound was in complete and utter silence. It was strange, sure, but for someone who had been there for the last 20 days, it was a natural occurrence. Whether it was to discuss dinner plans or new statistics from the entire world's population, there were zero interactions between the Snap's survivors. To them, it was sort of accepting what they were living at the moment. There were some, like Pepper Potts, who came to try and lift the spirits of their friends, but wasn't so lucky most times.

Steve and Natasha sat in silence in one of the compound's many conference tables, flickering their gazes from the projecting screens from the windows. They were eagerly anticipating the return from one of their friends, and they started to grow worried when it was taking her too long. But the drowning silence and worrying thoughts were thrown out the window when they sensed how the pens and cups on the table started to rattle uncontrollably.

Not knowing what might be causing the disturbance, they both ran out to the outside of the compound with Rhodey and Bruce behind, all trying to find the source of the sound. Natasha was the first to notice, pointing toward the sky to see how an enormous spaceship was approaching the ground, with two faint familiar glows holding it from the belly.

Everyone saved their distance for the spaceship to be placed into the ground, and their eyes widened when they saw who had been carrying most of the weight of the ship. The glow disappeared from (Y/N)'s figure, who merely spared Carol beside her a glance before bolting toward the opening rear hatch.

Natasha carefully made her way over to (Y/N). "How did you even — "

(Y/N) flashed her an apologetic look, her eyes focused on searching for someone else. "Later."

Natasha flickered her gaze toward the two figures walking down the steps of the spaceship and nodded in understanding. (Y/N) didn't have to think twice before rushing in the same direction, spotting the blue woman holding half of her fiancé's weight as they walked down the steps with Steve already waiting at the end of them.

"Couldn't stop him," Tony merely muttered to Steve as he allowed the blond to guide him through the grass.

"Neither could I."

Tony stopped walking, his eyes threatening to spill tears. "I lost the kid."

(Y/N), already in earshot to the men's conversation, felt her own breath hitch at his confession. She didn't even want to imagine how scared both Peter and Tony must've been in that moment, and her heart was too heavy to even create that image in her head. Still, she knew that Tony needed comfort more than anything right now, and so she continued on her run toward his line of sight.