⁵⁶. 𝑊𝑎𝑘𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑎𝑛 𝐵𝑎𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

"How we looking, Bruce?" Natasha asked through comms.

All of Wakanda's armed forces were making their way to the ends of the city where the invaders had taken place in just outside the barrier. The Dora Milaje and the Border Tribe, along with Steve, Natasha, Bucky and T'Challa, were being driven by technological vehicles, ones that didn't need any type of driver. (Y/N) was in the sky with Sam and Rhodey, all three keeping an eye on a respective quadrant of the area.

Bruce, on the other hand, had decided to grab the Hulkbuster suit, one that Tony had designed a long time ago. He had taken his time to fully adjust to its controls, but with the help of (Y/N), who knew the way those suits worked, he was able to get the hang of it pretty quickly.

"Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of it," he spoke up enthusiastically. He jumped over one of the vehicles with the suit's boosters. "Wow! This is amazing, man! It's like being the Hulk without actually "

He didn't watch his step and tripped over a rock on the field. (Y/N) saw this from afar, and even though she couldn't see Bruce's face, she knew he must've been red with embarrassment.

"I'm okay. I'm okay."

(Y/N) kept her eyes on the front as she swerved through the air, every now and then flickering her gaze downward at the army to check how they were doing since they were far behind. Among the trees on the other side of the barrier stood the unfamiliar ships, towering over the green that they had polluted with smoke.

"I got two heat signatures breaking through the tree line," Rhodey announced as he increased the speed on his boosters.

From her point of view, (Y/N) was able to spot the gigantic figure of Cull Obsidian walking outside of the forest. He was now accompanied by another being, one that wasn't the one that attacked back in New York. Steve had convinced her to meet the creatures in the end of the barrier along with Natasha and T'Challa, probably as a back up aid since (Y/N) knew more of the extraterrestrial life than any of them.

So she walked alongside the other three until they reached the end of Wakanda's protective dome, which Proxima Midnight was poking her sword at. Unlike (Y/N), Steve and Natasha had fought with Proxima, so they knew what type of attitude they were about to deal with, but she couldn't say the same. She was unluckily stuck with the half of the duo that didn't speak at least a language in common.

When they reached them, (Y/N) could hear the growl coming from Cull Obsidian's mouth as he gripped the axe with one hand. That's when she remembered what Wong had did earlier in the day, and she resisted the urge to smirk at it.

She faked a pout instead, placing a hand over her heart. "Sorry about your hand."

The creature's growl grew in volume at the taunt.