¹⁷. 𝑁𝑒𝑤 𝑌𝑜𝑟𝑘 𝑖𝑛 𝑇𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑏𝑙𝑒

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

IT WAS SETTLED, they were going after Loki in New York just like he wanted, but they were already a step ahead. Tony went to tinker with his damaged suit and fly on his own to the tower when it was ready, all while (Y/N) had other plans for her and Steve. We'll need all the help we can get, she had told him before instructing him to find Natasha and Clint in the infirmary, since their presence and skillset were necessary.

While he did as she told him, (Y/N) went through her stuff and quickly changed into the old Kree suit she'd kept for any emergency, the new colors of red, gold and blue still shining like the last time she'd worn it. After that, she made her way into the hangar for any free jet that would get her and the other three in the big city in no time.

She quickly walked up the rear hatch of the nearest jet she could find, already making her way to sit in the cockpit when a young man popped from the side of the jet and tried to stop her from moving forward.

"Hey, you aren't authorized to be here," he said in a monotone voice.

"Kid, I don't want any problems," (Y/N) exhaled, and she balled her fist to show a glimpse of the gold light coming from her fingers. "We can do this the easy way, or my way."

The man, knowing better than to provoke her, ran out of the jet without looking back, and (Y/N) smiled in satisfaction to herself. She made her way over and pressed the buttons on the dashboard to ignite the engine, waiting for the other three, who were just making their way over. Clint and Natasha were on either sides of Steve, all three suited up and with their weapons ready.

Natasha sat down on the copilot seat right next to (Y/N), and the engine roared once again to alert that it was prepared for the flight. Without further ado, the jet began moving from its spot and gaining speed, flying out of the hangar and into the air toward their destination.

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

Just like any other member of the supposed team, (Y/N) perfectly knew how a battlefield looked like, but what she was witnessing before her was truly a scene she'd never seen in her life, and that was saying something. In the far distance, she could see how a blue ray emitted toward the sky from the highest point of the Stark Tower, and an army began flying out of the wormhole that it created in the sky.

"Stark, we're on your three, headed northeast," Natasha called once they got a hold of him.

"What? Did you stop for drive-through?" Tony questioned in an annoyed tone. "Swing up Park. I'm gonna lay 'em out for you."