⁶⁶. 𝑀𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑖𝑡 𝑇ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒

2019

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

"Tony, do you think it's time to — "

"Call the doctor?"

"Yeah."

Tony was about to reach for the house phone on the coffee table, ready to dial the phone number before a thought came to his head. "Wait! Maybe he might've already left for vacation."

"Where?" (Y/N) asked with offense, trying not to focus on the pain. "At a time like this?"

"Well, in all fairness, honey, the baby is approximately nine months early."

"And what are we gonna do?"

A short minute of silence passed where Tony tried to think of a solution. Calling an ambulance would take time, and he could not risk the paramedics getting here on time or not for the sake of the baby's health.

"Banner!" he snapped his fingers as he exclaimed. "You think he might be able to help? He is a doctor after all."

"I don't think he — " Another contraction made (Y/N) inhale a sharp breath. "Yeah, go get him."

Tony nodded, satisfied he got her approval. He checked the time on the clock glued to the wall and noted that the sun was going to set in a few hours. Now that he had the nanotechnology, he wasn't going to waste time in waiting for a suit to fully charge before leaving.

"I'll take a suit," he pressed a kiss to her cheek. "Will you be okay here?"

(Y/N) could only let out a sigh under her breath as she watched Tony press the arc reactor in his chest when he made it out the door. He left in such a rush that he caused a gust of wind as he shut the door behind him.

Now that she was all alone, (Y/N) was able to not hold back on the loud groans of pain that the contractions brought her, still trying the breathing exercises. She was only able to breathe rhythmically for a short period of time before the pain overwhelmed her senses.

(Y/N) was just about to move back to the couch and wait for Tony, but the doorbell rang unexpectedly. She frowned, not expecting anyone to visit her today, but just as she was about to open the door, she remembered her pregnant state and how she didn't want anyone to know about it yet. She quickly reached for one of Tony's jackets in the coat closet before making her way to the door, hoping it was just a lost person who needed quick directions or a girl scout troop that she could easily distract.