⁸³. 𝐴 𝑊𝑜𝑟𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝐴𝑑𝑣𝑖𝑐𝑒

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

"(Y/N)."

She snapped out of her daydream and blinked a few times to regain her full attention. When she realized she wasn't back in her home, her shoulders immediately dropped. Based on the clock on the wall, there were approximately 30 minutes left of her session, and she felt like nothing had progressed so far.

"No offense, Doc, but it's been like, what, four months?" she began, leaning back against the couch she was sitting in. "And I still haven't seen any improvement."

"That's because you're not trying," her therapist, Christina Raynor spoke in her typical tone.

"Oh, really?"

"(Y/N)." She repeated in a sterner manner. "It's not my first time dealing with people like you."

"'People like me'?" (Y/N) repeated, offended. "Excuse me?"

"People who block themselves out," Raynor explained. "Who don't want anyone to help them out because they don't think they need it."

"Oh, wow."

"I'm going to ask you again, (Y/N). From the beginning. How have you been?"

"I'm fine."

(Y/N) avoided looking into her eyes and focused her attention on the other things in the room. She tried paying attention to the dull paint on the walls or the minimalistic paintings on them, she could feel Raynor's burning gaze on her.

"Okay, I'm not fine."

Raynor looked pleased with that answer. "Proceed."

"Yesterday, um. . .I got out of bed and realized it had been a while since I had washed the sheets."

"And why is that?"

"I didn't want the last of his smell to go away."

That was true. (Y/N) did clean the sheets that had been on the bed before his passing, though reluctantly, but she did. When she placed the new ones that were stored in a drawer, she realized his unique scent was still on them, and she wanted to grasp onto it like a lifeline. It gave her a sense of normality and made her think that he was still there with her.

"Okay, that's a good start," Raynor wrote something down on her notebook. "What else?"

"I, uh, was about to start dinner when I yelled out 'Tony, can you help me?'," (Y/N) chuckled with no humor behind it. "Luckily Morgan wasn't paying attention when I slipped up."