¹³. 𝐺𝑜𝑑 𝐶𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑖𝑣𝑖𝑡𝑦

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

WITH Loki taken care of and guarded away into a cell where there was certainty that he wouldn't escape off, five people stood by the long table placed in the control room, focused on the videotape of Fury talking to Loki through the cell. Natasha was sat comfortably in one of the chairs while watching the footage along with Steve, though he sat two chairs away. Bruce was pretending in being interested in the floor meanwhile the newest visitor, who was known as Thor Odinson, stood with his arms crossed. (Y/N) was leaning on her arms against the back of a chair, and she had no idea where Tony had disappeared too, but she didn't say anything.

"In case it's unclear, if you try to escape, if you so much scratch that glass," Fury's voice was heard through the tape. He had pushed a button that opened an exit below the cell, and the strong wind blew in. "It's 30,000 feet straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works?"

"Ant," Fury signaled to Loki inside, then pointing at the controls that were by him. "Boot."

"It's an impressive cage," Loki laughed, entertained. "Not built, I think, for me."

"Built for something a lot stronger than you."

"Oh, I've heard," His eyes located the camera inside the cell. "A mindless beast. Makes play he's still a man. How desperate are you, that you call on such lost creatures to defend you?"

From her spot, (Y/N) could see the uncomfortable way Bruce shifted on his feet at Loki's words, being too obvious that it was meant for him. Natasha looked up from the video and eyed Bruce too from the corner of her eye, though she did not say anything and returned to the video.

"How desperate am I?" Fury repeated the question incredulously. "You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace, and you kill because it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did."

"Ooh," Loki winced with a grin. "It burns you to have come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share. And then to be reminded what real power is."

"Well, let me know if 'real power' wants a magazine or something."

With those final words, Fury walked away from the camera's range, and the footage ended, not before (Y/N) could see how deeply and menacingly Loki stared into the camera. It looked like he knew what he was doing and who was watching him, and he enjoyed every second of it.

Bruce was the first one to speak, holding his glasses in one hand. "He really grows on you, doesn't he?"

"Loki's gonna drag this out," Steve voiced with a serious tone. "So, Thor, what's his play?"