²¹. 𝑀𝑎𝑛𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑃𝑟𝑒𝑠𝑒𝑛𝑡

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

"And he offered to help you, just like that?" Pepper Potts's voice rang through (Y/N)'s ears, her blonde hair bouncing from the abrupt movement she made while leaning forward on the table.

Time had gone by in Malibu, and (Y/N) was proud to admit that there had been an improvement in the restoring of her memories. Although half of them were still unknown, she was relieved that she could now remember all those moments that were erased a long time ago. The routine was always the same, but there were days where Tony would just forget his main objective and stay under in the workshop for hours while (Y/N) tried to entertain herself in the luxurious but empty mansion.

Which lead to the next point, when Pepper first found out that (Y/N) was back (due to Happy and his awkward ways of making conversation), she thought it was a good idea to free her from the four walls surrounding her in the mansion and take her outside for her to enjoy her time in the city. Now that Pepper knew of (Y/N)'s true background, they both took the liberty to start over and know everything about each other to bloom a new relationship.

Now, she and (Y/N) were enjoying a nice and quiet lunch in a fancy restaurant downtown, where the clicking noises of wine glasses were too loud, people chattering out more than they should, and waiters passing by their table with filled trays that had other clients. Everything was too overwhelming for (Y/N), but she tried to put all of her focus on the blonde in front of her instead.

"Yeah, it took me by surprise too," (Y/N) replied to her previous question. Pepper took her glass of red wine to her glossed lips and drank down a gulp before she answered back.

"Well, at least he has something else in his mind than those damn suits," Pepper said with a hint of sarcasm and annoyance on her tone. Now that she was CEO of Stark Industries, every now and then she had to turn to him for a second opinion or his thoughts on a topic, but his excuse was always the same.

(Y/N) couldn't say she agreed though. Tony was busying himself in the workshop the majority of the time to avoid sleep, and she could not blame him for it. Months had gone by after the 'Battle of New York' as people called it, and there were certain and different ways they've used to deal with the side effects.

"Can't be too sure about that," (Y/N) voiced her thoughts, and Pepper's eyes softened from across the table. "It's not like I can't blame him, though."

Pepper smacked her glossed lips, figuring out what to say. "Look, I understand what you're dealing with. I saw it from the TV. What you two saw was absolutely terrifying."

(Y/N) wanted to say that wasn't too reassuring to say. She groaned into her hands. "It's just. . .this shouldn't phase me as much as it does."