²⁸. 𝐹𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑙𝑦 𝐴𝑑𝑣𝑖𝑐𝑒𝑠

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

"HE kissed you?"

"Keep your voice down!" (Y/N) scolded to a much unnaturally happy Natasha Romanoff, who was sitting right across from her in a small couch.

More weeks had gone by, and the forgotten group known as the Avengers was called in once again to complete a new mission. Unlike Tony and (Y/N), who were dealing with the Mandarin, Natasha and Steve were dealing with completely different problems. It had been a hell of a briefing, from them telling how S.H.I.E.L.D. had Hydra growing right under their noses and how they were using Steve's old best friend as their ultimate weapon. It was confusing to say the least, but now the seven were gathered again to take down the remaining Hydra bases in the world.

Because of that, (Y/N) and the others were told to move back into the former Stark Tower — now known as the Avengers Tower — and for it to be used as a base of operations. Due to this, when they weren't busy fighting enemies, it gave Natasha and (Y/N) the opportunity to catch up.

"I honestly don't know how to react to this," Natasha responded, putting her coffee mug against her lips and taking a sip. After that, she placed it down on the table and tucked her loose strands of red hair behind her ear. "The Tony Stark kissed you?"

(Y/N) placed her head in her hands and nodded shamefully. Tony continued to be his usual self with her and completely ignored the kiss as if it didn't happen, or if he didn't believe it happened. That was the conclusion (Y/N) had on the whole situation, but she had yet to admit that they hadn't talked about it because whenever the two of them were left alone or the atmosphere got tense and serious, she bolted the other way.

"I just lost ten bucks to Clint, I honestly thought you were going to make it until the next month to pounce on each other," Natasha crossed her arms and let out a dry laugh before noticing the way (Y/N) was staring forward. "Oh, shit. Was it that bad?"

"It's not that. . .it's just," (Y/N) took a deep breath, feeling afraid all of the sudden. She wasn't sure if she should confess, but this was Natasha. One of her most trustworthy friends. "I'm afraid of having his memory wiped away from me again. Or to be separated again."

(Y/N) didn't know what the future held in store for her, and she was absolutely afraid of the remaining Kree she once fought to return and wipe her memories again. To have that freedom taken away for the second time and make him grief her like he did long ago. It seemed pathetic to her; to be so powerful on the outside and not showing fear to her enemies yet being afraid over the smallest things like relationships.

Natasha stayed silent and let her continue. "Also, he's known for being this stupid 'playboy' as he calls it, what if he just plays with me and tosses me away?"