¹⁹. 𝑆𝑒𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑊𝑎𝑦𝑠

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

THE Stark Tower was in major ruins just like the rest of the skyscrapers of the city. The majority of the letters on the sign had fell off due to the blasts from the Chitauri, windows were broken, and when they got to the highest level of the tower, Loki was lying in a near unconscious state in the broken concrete floor.

The God of Mischief stood up, groaning in pain as he crawled away from the spot he was just laying in. Cuts were all over his face and his golden armor was dirty in debris, and he felt a sense that someone was hovering over him. Preparing himself for what he was about to see, turned around just to be received by the sight of the seven Avengers, all glaring down at him.

"If it's all the same to you," he spoke up, that thick accent flooding his words. "I'll have that drink now."

It was all a blur from that moment on to (Y/N). They handcuffed Loki to secure him and tried to keep the scepter locked away until they figured out the safest place to keep it. A security team from S.H.I.E.L.D. arrived just in time to take the scepter away in a case, and argued on what to do with the Tesseract.

Since they were already done with the fight, Tony kept insisting on trying out shawarma for lunch just like he had suggested, and the others were in no shape to argue with him even further. None of them uttered a single word as they ate, all equally hungry after a gruesome battle.

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

A day later, (Y/N) met up with the rest
of the team in Central Park to hand the Tesseract over and bit farewell to Thor, who would be leaving to Asgard with Loki for his father to decide his consequences. He arrived at the park in his long red cape and silver armor, grasping onto Loki even though he was chained and had a device in his mouth that restrained him from speaking.

The rest arrived in regular clothes, although Tony, being dramatic as always, wore a grey formal suit and stepped out of his luxurious car with sunglasses covering his eyes. Steve parked his motorbike on the side of the road, meanwhile a S.H.I.E.L.D. car revealed the sight of Clint, Natasha, (Y/N) and Bruce.

Erik Selvig arrived at the park and grabbed a glass cylinder container to conserve the Tesseract without having to experience any side effects. Once it was secure, Selvig handed it to Thor, who took it in his hands carefully before patting his old friend in the back as a goodbye.

From the corner of her eye, (Y/N) saw the way Natasha leaned down to whisper something inaudible at Clint's ear, which made him pop a smile that wasn't visible in his eyes since he was wearing sunglasses too.

Thor gripped one side of the container and gestured for Loki to grip the other too, nodding at his teammates before turning the handles clockwise. This caused an effect on the Tesseract, since it emitted a blue shimmering light that enveloped them both before making them disappear, transporting them back into their home planet.

The heavy weight that (Y/N) felt on her shoulders disappeared and her body sagged, finally relaxing at the thought that the Cube was now out of her sight and in a secure space. She'd been arguing on how it was dangerous to use for a long time, and now it was out of reach from people who might've abused its power.

She realized that now it was time to say her goodbyes too, and bid Steve a silent farewell and a handshake before watching him do the same with the rest of the remaining team. Natasha was handing Bruce her belongings from the trunk of the vehicle and (Y/N) was already heading toward the same car when she felt a tap on her shoulder that made her look around.

Tony was staring back at her, balancing his weight with the heels of his feet. "Lieutenant," he called in that same mocking tone from before, and she almost regretted saving his life, but it didn't bother her that much now.

"Yes?"

"I was wondering," It almost looked like he was nervous, which was a surprise. "If you'd like to return to my mansion with me."

This caught her completely off guard, it was the least she expected him to say. She cleared her throat after realizing she hadn't given him an answer. "Why?"

"I figured we have a lot to catch up on," Tony explained, stuffing his hands in the pockets from his suit vest. "Already talked to Fury about it."

"And he agreed?" She questioned, receiving a nod in response. Damn it, Fury, she thought inside her head. He was probably enjoying this.

(Y/N) didn't know why she was feeling so nervous, the thought of leaving with him was a weird thought for her to process, but she figured that she owed him an explanation after all that happened.

"I'll grab my bag," she gave him a reply, and headed over to the car.

Natasha was waiting by the trunk and gave her a raised eyebrow, silently questioning on what she was planning on doing. She moved out of the way and allowed (Y/N) to grab a small duffel bag, but after that she crossed her arms and expected an answer.

"You're going on a little vacation now?" Natasha's tone was laced with teasing.

"It's not how it looks like," (Y/N) shouldered her bag and began walking away, still facing Natasha as she walked backwards.

"Keep telling yourself that," Natasha told her before peaking behind her shoulder to look at Tony, who was patiently waiting by his car. "I want her returned in one piece, Stark!"

Clint, who was also leaning against the car, decided to speak up. "Her bedtime's at 9:00!"

(Y/N) gave him a glare. "I'm older than you!"

"Exactly, grandma needs her beauty sleep."

"Watch it!"

"I'll return her safe and sound!" Tony called back.

He kept on laughing loudly along with the others, his increasing once his eyes set on (Y/N). He opened the door for her before jumping on the driver's seat, elbowing her on the ribs to make her drop that scowl on her face.

Tony pressed on the pedal and the car moved forward, lifting up dirt from the street as it wheeled away into the city of New York.