⁴⁵. 𝐹𝑢𝑔𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑣𝑒𝑠

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

This situation seemed to be going from bad direction to worse one, since the German government now declared Steve and Sam as fugitives of the law from running off and even so by taking Bucky Barnes with them. (Y/N), on the other hand, was only seen as an accomplice, not having the other charges the men had. Even if she wasn't declared as an actual criminal, she was sure it was heading in that direction and it scared her.

To stay hidden from the police, they had found an abandoned warehouse where they could easily restrain Bucky in case he went all rampage again. Sam and (Y/N) were the ones keeping an eye on him, prepared to call for Steve if he woke up. So when (Y/N) heard unfamiliar groans from the semi-conscious man, she called out for the blond.

Once he joined them, they all stood in front of him defensively and waited for any sort of reaction. At first, Bucky groaned in pain due to his uncomfortable position, back hunched over and with his metal arm restrained by having a heavy amount of pressure on it.

"Steve," he firstly called out.

"Which Bucky am I talking to?"

"Your mom's name was Sarah," Bucky replied instead, a smile coming out with a chuckle. "You used to wear newspapers in your shoes."

"Can't read that in a museum."

"Just like that, we're supposed to be cool?" Sam stared at Steve like he had grown two heads. (Y/N) couldn't help but agree with him.

Steve didn't reply to that. Bucky must've known that something was not right, and so he asked carefully. "What did I do?"

"Enough."

"Oh, God, I knew this would happen," Bucky lowered his head in shame, his voice raspy from both exhaustion and anger. "Everything HYDRA put inside me is still there. All he had to do was say the goddamn words."

"Who was he?"

"I don't know."

"People are dead. The bombing, the setup. . .the doctor did all that just to get 10 minutes with you. I need you to do better than 'I don't know'."

Bucky paused, as if he was thinking his words through before answering back. "He wanted to know about Siberia. Where I was kept. He wanted to know exactly where."

"Why would he need to know that?"

"Because I'm not the only Winter Soldier."