³⁸. 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝐹𝑙𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝐶𝑖𝑡𝑦

📍SOKOVIA ───✱*

📍SOKOVIA
───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

"Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire," Steve spoke up in the jet, as everyone else was inside and they were already headed to the country of Sokovia. "And that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out."

(Y/N) was the one piloting the jet by herself, as the rest of the team was looking back at Steve for what he had to say. She did her best in going at the highest speed she could muster, since she knew that they're was limited time in saving everyone on the country. She could see the line of trees that indicated that they were getting close, and flew pass the Research Base they had attacked a few days prior.

"All they want us to live their lives in peace. And that's not gonna happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done. We find out what Ultron's been building, we find Romanoff and we clear the field."

"Keep the fight between us," he made sure to emphasize on that. "Ultron thinks we're monsters. That we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right."

Once they arrived, (Y/N) made sure to land the jet in a secluded area to not draw that much attention. Everyone headed to their rightful positions, spreading into different parts of the city they were in. (Y/N), along with Wanda, Pietro, Clint and Steve, were in charge of making sure everyone made it out in time, using different tactics to persuade the civilians from leaving their homes.

(Y/N) was standing on a crowded street where thousands of cars were piled in, honking at each other repeatedly as if that would speed things up. There were others who decided on walking, so she made sure that they safely crossed the bridge with no difficulty. (Y/N) counted heads every now and then, to silently reassure herself that she was saving hundreds of lives at the time, but all of those thoughts were washed away when she heard a shriek from afar.

Hundreds, no, thousands of robots, just like Ultron crawled their way towards the bridge. Some opened cracks in the pavement, others escaped out of the water, all (Y/N) could say is that they were too many of them, and were ready for an attack. The robots extended one of their arms forward and it transformed into a pistol, which lit up and immediately fired at her, who posed as a threat in their eyes.

People kept screaming and pushing each other out of the way to escape the robots' line of fire, and (Y/N) knew she couldn't risk fighting with the robots on the ground. She pushed herself off the floor with a jump and her figure instantly glowed. In response to that, the robots started their own boosters and forced themselves to follow after her in the air.