⁵. 𝑇𝑎𝑙𝑘 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑂𝑓𝑓𝑖𝑐e

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

(Y/N) and Natasha strolled through the destroyed part of the Stark mansion in peace, chatting between each other while Fury spoke to Tony privately by the terrace, and while Natasha was free to wear her black suit, (Y/N) needed to wear a pencil dress to keep her cover afloat and continue working on the company.

Ever since Natasha had been recruited into S.H.I.E.L.D, (Y/N) would be proud to admit that she found a trustworthy friend in her. Natasha had been trying hard to prove that she was trustworthy enough to be here, and (Y/N) agreed more than anything. She could talk to her about anything and she'd try to help, or utter a sarcastic remark.

"He doesn't look that bad," Natasha said after (Y/N) had told her about having to work with the infamous billionaire. "Sure, he's eccentric, but that's all I see until now."

(Y/N) sighed. "There's just something about him that ticks me off, and you've seen that he feels the same sentiment."

Natasha couldn't say she totally agreed. "Whatever makes you sleep at night."

(Y/N) decided to drop the subject as they approached the terrace where Fury and Tony were still talking, the Malibu sun illuminating part of the mansion.

"— As a matter of fact, I did," (Y/N) heard Fury speak. "He was one of the founding members of S.H.I.E.L.D."

"What?" Tony frowned.

"I got a two o'clock," Fury stood up and checked his wristwatch.

"Wait, wait," Tony saw how two people placed a case into the ground. "What's this?"

"Okay, you're good, right?"

"No, I'm not good."

"You got this, right?"

"Got what? I don't even know what I'm supposed to get," Tony impatiently cried out.

Fury placed his black coat on. "(Y/N) will remain a floater at Stark with her cover intact, Natasha will keep an eye on you in case of any emergency and you remember Agent Coulson, right?"

"Yeah."

"Oh, and Tony. . ." Fury looked back before he walked away. "Remember, I got my eye on you."

With that, he left the rubble of the Stark mansion, leaving Tony alone with the other agents, some keeping watch by the sidelines, and the others were standing by him.