⁴⁰. 𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝐴𝑙𝑙 𝑂𝑣𝑒𝑟

📍NEW AVENGERS FACILITY, UPSTATE NEW YORK

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

(Y/N) approved and mostly liked the newly made facility, even thought it looked cozy the first time she saw it finished. Now that the Avengers were done with the world threat known as Ultron, they were set to go on their different paths. Natasha had offered for her to stay behind and help out with the undercover missions that were sure to come her way, but (Y/N) politely declined the offer. She wasn't a huge fan of undercover work, and besides, she was offered another deal.

Tony had humbly ( in his own words, not hers ), offered (Y/N) a place to stay, with him. At first, she was a little hesitant about taking his offer, already knowing how he behaved behind closed doors — recalling the thousand times she had to drag him out of the lab to get a decent amount of sleep. But then, (Y/N) thought she needed a change of scenery for a while and that was the best opportunity for it, so right after bidding her goodbyes to the team, she'd be leaving with him.

"(Y/N)?" A feminine voice called, which drew her attention away from staring ahead at the windows of the facility.

She turned on her heel and saw Maria holding a file in her hands, ready to hand it over. (Y/N) flashed her friend a thankful look. "You found it?"

"I was able to pull every bit of information there was," Maria explained, allowing (Y/N) to take the file out of her hands to skim through it. "Which was difficult. It's like they've been living off the grid for years."

(Y/N) hummed in response, eyes still glued to the file before lifting her gaze up. "Thank you, Maria. I appreciate it."

"No problem," Maria gave her a smile.

Maria started to walk away from the scene, the sound of her shoes clicking against the floor being the only echoing sound in the area. Even if (Y/N) had been staring at the file for a long time now, she still hadn't fully processed the words on it.

"Oh, (Y/N)," Maria called once again, stopping in her tracks as if she'd forgotten something important. "Stark's been wondering where you are. He's probably tearing the place upside down."

The mention of Tony made her somewhat relax about the file, and her shoulders deflated. (Y/N) closed the brown document in her hands, the red letters in the front spelling out 'Vaughn Family' still running chills down her spine. She made a mental note to look back at it later, but now she focused on her present.

"Tell him to stop whining," she told Maria. "I'll be with him in a minute."

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───