⁷². 𝑊ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑇𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝐶𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑠

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

The rest of the day continued normally, although (Y/N) and Tony danced on eggshells to avoid talking about the proposal that their former teammates had. Morgan, like the little genius that she was, sensed some tension between her parents and tried to lighten up their spirits the only way she could think of; saying things that made them laugh.

After finishing dinner, Tony was the one responsible for cleaning the dishes meanwhile (Y/N) assisted Morgan in changing into her pijamas. It mostly consisted in (Y/N) cleaning the scattered toys in the floor while Morgan jumped up and down her bed, always claiming she was too filled with energy to go to sleep. This time though, she purposely made a mess with her toys to entertain her mother enough to slip away from her room and see what her father was up to.

(Y/N) didn't notice at first, picking up the several plush toys on the floor and placing them back in their rightful spot; Morgan's bed. When she turned around to tell her daughter it was time to wash her teeth, she was faced with silence. And that was preoccupying enough. In a house with a toddler, the least you expect is silence.

She didn't have to think long enough to find her, already knowing that she probably was downstairs entertaining herself with her dad. (Y/N) walked down the stairs in expectations to find everything under control, though that wasn't what she was received with.

"Shit!" Tony had blurted out.

"Shit?" Morgan copied her father's words.

Tony haven't turned around that fast in his entire life. He pressed a finger to his lips. "What are you doing up, little miss?"

"Shit."

"Nope. We don't say that," Tony scolded in a playful tone. "Only Mommy says that word. She coined it. It belongs to her."

(Y/N) stopped walking down the steps and crossed her arms, listening closely to the conversation. She wanted to see how this followed and the way Tony would correct himself for Morgan.

"Why are you up?"

"'Cause I got some important shit going on here!" Tony exclaimed. "Why do you think?"

Morgan raised her eyebrows accusingly at him.

"No, I got something on my mind," he muttered. "I got something on my mind."

(Y/N) took this as an opportunity to continue down the stairs, making her presence known to her family. "Like how Mommy is going to ground you?"