⁷. 𝐺𝑒𝑡 𝑎 𝑅𝑜𝑜𝑓

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

WHILE Pepper busied herself in talking with the technician, (Y/N) had enough time to dial Natasha and inform her of the details because this situation counted as an emergency. Now, Natasha was headed towards the facility where Vanko was supposedly in, since she was better in slipping into places unnoticed.

"Each set of drones is communicating in its own unique language," the technician informed.

"Well, choose one and focus on that," Pepper ordered, and the poor man nodded as (Y/N) watched from the back. She admired how firm Pepper could be in situations like this.

"Have you tried Russian? Why don't you try Russian?" Justin told the technician.

The technician sank into his chair. "I don't know Russian."

Pepper snapped her head to glance over at (Y/N), gesturing at her to come forward. (Y/N) understood where this was going and she pushed over the technician to be face to face with the computer.

It took a second for (Y/N) to fully understand what she was facing before she pressed any keys on the board. Ever since she came back, she'd been taught how to use the computers after Fury noticed the look of full confusion on her face when she first used one. Her recalling of those lessons was fresh, but it took her seconds to recover it fully.

An image appeared in the computer and (Y/N) could see Natasha's face from the other side of the video call. "Reboot complete. You got your best friend back."

"Thank you very much, Agent Romanoff," Tony appeared too, his call being from the inside of his suit.

"Looks like you did do your homework," (Y/N)'s eyes flickered through the screen. "I am reading significantly higher output and your vitals all look promising."

"Yes, for the moment, I'm not dying. Thank you," Tony said with an exasperated tone.

His words had perked Pepper's interest and she went into a spiral. "What do you mean you're not dying? Did you just say you're dying?"

"Is that you?" Tony questioned before continuing. "No, I'm not. Not anymore."

"What's going on?" Pepper looked at (Y/N) for an explanation before turning back to face the screen.

"I was going to tell you," Tony tried to explain. "I didn't want to alarm you."

"You were gonna tell me? You really were dying?" Pepper's tone grew pitched.