⁸⁰. 𝐴 𝐺𝑙𝑖𝑚𝑝𝑠𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝐻𝑜𝑝𝑒

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

"Cap!" Clint pressed his hand to comms as he ran through the range of fire with the glove in hand. "What do you want me to do with this damn thing?"

"Get those stones as far away as possible!"

"No!" Bruce argued from his own position in the battle field. "We need to get 'em back where they came from."

"No way to get 'em back," Tony debated. "Thanos destroyed the quantum tunnel."

"Hold on." Scott's voice came through comms. He pressed on the button of his suit to shrink back into his natural height. "That wasn't our only time machine."

In the distance, (Y/N) heard a car honk play an instrumental tone of La Cucaracha. Her mind instantly clicked on what Scott was referring to, remembering the van he claimed belonged to one of his oldest friends and was the first quantum tunnel they had used.

"Anyone see an ugly brown van out there?"

"Yes!" Valkyrie yelled out, high above in her pegasus. "But you're not gonna like where it's parked!"

"Scott, how long you need to get that started?" (Y/N) asked, offering to buy him as much time as he needed to if necessary.

"Uh, maybe 10 minutes."

"Get it started," Steve commanded. "We'll get the stones to you."

"We're on it, Cap."

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

(Y/N) flew and twirled in the air to dodge the blasts that the Chitauri fired at her. She kept an eye on Clint from above to see if he needed any help or if he still had the glove in his hold. She saw how he was knocked up his feet by an explosion, but he quickly handed the glove to T'Challa in order to remove the burden off him.

She blasted at the Leviathan and tried to fight off the remaining members of the Black Order, having Pepper's help in the process. It had been a while since they had been in a scenario like this, but (Y/N) had forgotten how easily they worked together. Pepper fired at an enemy spaceship with her lasers as (Y/N) distracted them. It was an efficient fighting style.

Suddenly, the ship above them aimed their cannons down at the ground and several blasts were fired from it. It was a rain of laser blasts showering all over them, even harming and costing the lives of their own troops in the process. (Y/N) didn't want to set down on the ground since she thought that would make her an easier target to the blasts, and she watched how the sorcerers created orange force shields above their heads to protect themselves from the blasts.