⁹. 𝐴𝑛 𝑂𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑑 𝑃𝑜𝑟𝑡𝑎𝑙

📍NASA SPACE RADIATION FACILITY ───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

THE pitch black dark sky and glistening stars were the only things (Y/N) could see when she leaned toward the window of the chopper she, Nick Fury, and Maria Hill were taking over to a NASA and S.H.I.E.L.D facility for an emergency, a situation that involved the well-known Project P.E.G.A.S.U.S.

Unfortunately for her, (Y/N) had a full knowledge of the Project itself, being a part of it a long while ago, when she was still part of the Air Force and didn't have the powers she has now, although she received them because of it. Sadly, those were the single memories that were fresh into her brain; from flying the light-speed engine all the way to the explosion and the crash, everything else from her life before the Kree was still blurry, no matter how hard she tried to remember.

(Y/N) was knocked out of her spiral when she heard the feminine voice of Maria Hill on the other side of her. "We're landing on the facility in less than a minute, sir."

Maria Hill was considered to be Fury's second hand, one of his most trusted agents ever since she entered into the business and (Y/N) could clearly see why. She was skilled, firm, and tough-minded, everything needed to be a good agent.

Just like she had said, the facility where they were landing was now on (Y/N)'s line of vision, perfectly seeing the large campus from above and how cars were exiting and entering the place. The helicopter began to lose altitude as it got closer to the landing pad, the strong wind from the blades causing people's attention to drift onto them for a small time before they continued on.

The helicopter landed on its assigned pad, lowering quickly to the ground and now (Y/N) could perfectly see how the rest of the people inside the facility were running out and piling into cars to evacuate the place. She peaked out the window again and spotted the familiar face of Phil Coulson standing by the landing pad with a serious expression, sunglasses covering his eyes as his hands were clasped in front of him.

Once the helicopter landed safely on the ground, Maria, being closest to the door, swung it open effortlessly and stepped out, careful to dodge out of the motor blades. (Y/N) followed after her and Fury was the last one to step out, adjusting his long black coat as he walked away from the helicopter.

"How bad is it?" Fury questioned first.

Coulson removed his sunglasses. "That's the problem, sir. We don't know."

In order to receive a further explanation of what Coulson had to say, he guided the trio into the facility and took them to an elevator, which meant to take them underground where the problem was being caused.