³. 𝐵𝑖𝑟𝑡ℎ𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑃𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑀𝑒𝑠𝑠

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

"Okay, calm down," (Y/N) breathed through the phone, peaking around the corner of the room she was hiding in to answer her phone call from a very frustrated Nick Fury. If it wasn't a much serious situation, she might've poked fun at him for it.

Since (Y/N) was sent here on an undercover mission to take a closer look on Tony Stark, and she's not been doing a great job since then  — Fury dialed her up to tell her to take it seriously.

"I know I've messed up, but I'll try better," she had to keep her tone low because Pepper could be right around the corner, and the woman already suspected her a little.

(Y/N) wasn't a huge fan of undercover work, she was used in being a team or squad member where she could rely on others to help her out, but she had to do it since it was part of the deal.

"If a situation like this happens again, you have to call me immediately," Fury's voice said through the phone.

(Y/N) uttered a 'yes' in response and quickly flipped her phone off when she heard the sound of Pepper's heels clicking on the floor over to her.

"You were talking to somebody, (Y/N)?" Pepper questioned, suspicion laced in her voice.

"A mindless call, that's all," (Y/N) shrugged it off with a smile plastered on her face to avoid problems.

Pepper didn't seem to completely buy it, but she didn't push the subject. Instead, (Y/N) cleared her throat and stepped closer to her with the innocent look she had to display in her features.

"Need any help, Miss Potts?"

A few minutes after that, (Y/N) and Pepper were sat in the living room of the Stark mansion, answering different phone calls to diffuse the situation that had just happened back in Monaco.

"Yes, but the fundamentals of the company are still very, very strong despite the events in Monaco," Pepper spoke on the phone while she sat on the couch and the TV's were on.

Meanwhile, (Y/N) was on another phone call, nodding and answering every now and then with a laptop in her legs. "Yes, yes, of course."

(Y/N) removed the phone from her ear and leaned over to Pepper to inform her of the call, and the blonde woman removed her attention from her own call to answer her.

"Oh, oh, fax them," she said.

A man in a navy suit and tie walked into the living room, a man who (Y/N) recalled to be James Rhodes, a close friend of Tony and part of the Air Force too. He seemed angry and frustrated from his posture, and it was proved right when he spoke out.