². 𝐹𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝐷𝑎𝑦 𝑜𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝐽𝑜𝑏

📍MONACO ───✱*

📍MONACO
───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

BEING promoted in your work space is never easy at first, and Pepper Potts knew that more than anybody; especially now that she had to control a company and a man child all at the same time. After the flight from Malibu to Monaco, she and Tony arrived to the Hotel de Paris, and Pepper did her best to keep up with Tony's pace as he entered the hotel and walk with him.

"You know, whatever happens in the next 20 minutes, just go with it," Pepper whispered to him as they entered the hotel.

Tony, for the first time in a long time, was utterly confused. "Go with it? Go with what?"

Before he could receive any sort of answer, the same (Y/N) from a few days ago was making her way over to him and Pepper with some sort of grimace written in her features. She wore a classic blouse and pencil skirt with a nice pair of shoes that clicked in the carpeted floor of the lobby.

"Mr. Stark?" she said in a monotone voice.

At the sight of her, Tony turned his head so quickly to look at Pepper that it might've snapped by the strong force. All Pepper did was accept the drink that was offered to her by one of the waiters and smile innocently at Tony.

"Hey."

"Hello," (Y/N) continued, noticing the tension between the two immediately. "Did your flight go well?"

"It was excellent," Pepper replied with the same smile. "It's nice to see you."

"We have one photographer from the ACM, if it's no problem?" (Y/N) kept her professional act and grabbed the glasses Tony and Pepper had in their hands and gestured to the photographer.

Tony's confused yet angry gaze only weakened when he spotted the cameras, trying to play a nice and relaxed smile when all Pepper did was clear her throat and look at the camera.

"When did this happen?" he asked in a low tone, his lips not moving from his smile.

"What?" Pepper asked in the volume. "I thought you liked her."

A camera flash went off but they continued arguing behind the fake smiles. "I told you I wasn't convinced."

"You were so indecisive."

"What do you mean?"

"Smile," Pepper ignored him. "Look right there."

The smiles on their faces never wavered and they shared a fake laugh to act like everything was fine and posed for one last picture.