⁷⁹. 𝐴𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑟𝑠 𝐴𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑙𝑒𝑑

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

The old star symbol blinked on the small screen of her wrist gauntlet, indicating the message had been sent successfully. (Y/N) hoped that the message would reach Carol immediately, especially because she knew she'd never send one if it wasn't absolutely necessary. Based on the thousands of ships and strange creatures (Y/N) saw scattered all over Thanos's enormous battleship, they might need all the help they could get.

A ship's hatch was open for everyone to see how much they destroyed the compound, and the sight made (Y/N) sick in her stomach. The compound she once called a home was completely unrecognizable, turned into a pile of nothing but debris. She hoped her husband and teammates had made it out unharmed, because she'd never forgive herself if they weren't.

Gamora stood on her side, sharpening her blade. "You contacted your friend?"

"Yeah," (Y/N) moved just a few inches and felt a slight pain in her abdomen, but she shrugged it off as just a bruise. "Let's just hope she comes before anyone dies."

(Y/N) and Gamora had to sneak their way out of the ship without being detected, which was harder than it sounds. They didn't know where to start looking for her team in between the rubble, but they had to start somewhere. There were dozens of leaks of broken pipes and and electricity cables dangling with sparks flying out of them. After searching for what it seemed like an eternity, they found the end of a wider tunnel, so they figured this could be their way inside.

They walked inside the tunnel with their defenses up, not knowing what to expect on the other end of the tunnel. It was like walking in a labyrinth, the tunnel having more than one direction and this frustrated (Y/N) since she didn't have enough time to search through it all. But when they heard faint sounds coming from one of the sides, Gamora figured this could lead them to find someone.

"Stop."

Gamora's voice rang through the tunnels. She had her gun pointed at the other Nebula with a set jaw meanwhile (Y/N) stood beside her with her glowing fists. Clint was on the floor, stopped by Nebula's foot on his chest and a laser gun pointed at him. He did a double take when he recognized (Y/N)'s figure from the tunnel, eyes widening at the sight.

The other Nebula moved from her position to face them with the gun still pointed at Clint. "You're betraying us?"

Nebula walked out of the other tunnel with her arms raised up to indicate she didn't carry a weapon. At the sight of her double, the other Nebula pointed the gun at her with no hesitation. Clint took this as an opportunity to slip away from the range of fire and hid in the corner of the room.