²⁶. 𝑈𝑛𝑢𝑠𝑢𝑎𝑙 𝑁𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

ALDRICH reached the catwalk that Tony was on, distracting him from his process on trying to understand what he just witnessed. The hairs in the back of his neck were standing up, and Tony allowed the chill to run down his spine since he didn't know what else to do.

"A shame. I would've caught her," Aldrich told him in a monotone voice.

Tony didn't give him a response and instead began walking down the catwalk and gaining speed. Aldrich copied his actions and ran forward too, waiting to meet up with him in the middle and aim a punch at him, but Tony easily slipped underneath him and entered an open suit that was waiting for him at the other edge of the catwalk.

He turned around just in time to block Aldrich's punch and threw some of his own, both aiming several blows at the other. Aldrich used his strength to rip part of the armor off and hissed in pain when one of Tony's punches hit him hard in the arm that it popped out place. This angered Aldrich and he pushed Tony out of the railing and jumped right after, pining him down to the ground before preparing another punch.

Tony knew what was coming. "Eject."

He slipped right off the armor and left a confused Aldrich behind, sliding down to the air and nearly hitting the ground if it wasn't for another one of his suits that caught him right in time. Tony flew back up and grabbed a hold of Aldrich and took him in the air, but he easily slipped away from his grip.

Tony landed on the ground and watched how Aldrich now stood a few feet away from him with no shirt on, dragon tattoos in his chest as the orange flame ignited from the inside. He tried firing at him with his boosters, but Aldrich dodged them with ease.

He sliced through the metal of the suit and Tony backed away before he could cause any other damage. Blow after blow, neither of them seemed to back down, and it wasn't until Aldrich caught a grip of Tony's suit leg before slicing it off him that he started gaining advantage as he beat Tony with it.

He flipped Tony in the air and he tried to defend himself by firing again, but Aldrich grabbed the metal hand and squeezed through hard enough to make him groan.

Aldrich smirked. "Well, here we are on the roof."

The familiar orange heat sourced through Aldrich's hand, preparing to deliver the final blow against Tony, but he slipped away from the suit just as Aldrich sliced through the metal. Tony's back harshly collapsed against the hard ground that was underneath him, barely cushioning his fall.

Tony groaned and tried to stand up, but something caught his attention from the corner of his eye and he couldn't look away. Aldrich heard it too, and he glanced to see for himself.