⁴³. 𝐵𝑒ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝐿𝑜𝑐𝑘𝑒𝑑 𝐷𝑜𝑜𝑟𝑠

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

(Y/N)'s head was pounding due to all the stress that the Sokovia Accords brought into her life. She could've been just fine if that document hadn't found its way to her doorstep, and it would've probably saved her the dozens of decisions she had to make. It wasn't an easy task, especially when you're dating the most impatient man in the entire world, who was also in the middle of it all. She wanted all of this to be over in a snap of two fingers, but that was just a fantasy. Now she had to decide, whether people approved of her conclusion or not.

Word on the street was that the UN in Vienna — where the signing of the Sokovia Accords was taking place in — had been bombed by no other than Bucky Barnes himself. Knowing Steve, (Y/N) knew he'd be stubborn and try to move water and earth to prove his innocence without listening to anyone who tried to stop him, especially considering the tragic background his friend had. She would lie to you if you asked her, but (Y/N) could sympathize with Barnes; the terrifying idea of someone brainwashing you and twisting your own memories for their own benefit was something she was familiar with, and she knew how terrible it was.

(Y/N) also knew that Natasha had gone to Vienna in order to assist the meeting, so she was worried to hear if she got injured or not. Without thinking of the difference in time zones, she dialed her friend's cellphone and waited on the line until someone answered.

"Yes?"

(Y/N) was relieved to hear her voice, and she pressed a hand over her heart to stop it from pounding way too fast. "Oh, thank goodness. Are you okay? I heard what happened."

"Yeah, I'm okay," Natasha replied with shakiness in her tone, and there were police sirens in the background. "I was lucky."

"Good," (Y/N) felt a weight being lifted off her shoulders, and she was about to ask something else about her well-being when she was interrupted.

"Hey, have you heard anything from Steve?"

"Steve? No," she frowned at the mention of her friend's name. After he had left the room yesterday, she hadn't heard a word from him. "What about him?"

Natasha took a pause in her words, and there was quite the commotion in the background before she returned. "You and I both know how much he would risk to save Barnes."

"I do," (Y/N) sighed, suddenly checking her surroundings to see if someone else was eavesdropping on the conversation. "But why are you telling me this?"

"Because I'm not one of his favorite people right now," Natasha lowered her tone on the phone. "And you're on his side. Maybe you can tell him to back down before he does anything stupid."