⁶. 𝑆𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑘 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑜𝑠

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

THE Stark Expo was unique to any other site (Y/N) had seen in her life. The shining lights at every corner, thousands of crowds piling up together to see whatever caught their eye, families buying food in small food stands, and so many other activities. (Y/N) had seen it all through the window of the car where she and Pepper were in, with Happy on the wheel.

When the car came to a stop by the entrance, Happy and (Y/N) quickly exited and the latter helped Pepper in opening her door out of curtesy, receiving a thankful look of the blonde.

"I'll keep the car down here, all right?" Happy said, as (Y/N) closed the door from her side.

"Thank you, Happy," Pepper replied as she grabbed her purse and smiled at the man.

(Y/N) and Pepper didn't say anything else and walked up the set of stairs that led to the entire expo itself. Couples and other sets of people were going up or down the stairs talking to themselves and (Y/N) couldn't help but overhear what the PA was announcing through the place.

". . .Justin Hammer. His presentation will begin shortly in the main pavilion."

(Y/N) and Pepper headed to the main pavilion where Justin Hammer, head of Hammer Industries, was going to give his big presentation. They both sat in the middle rows of the audience to try and blend in, applauding with the rest of the crowd as Justin himself entered the stage, dancing to Pick up the Pieces that was playing on the speakers.

"Yeah!" Justin exclaimed. "That's what I'm talking about. Thanks for coming."

Pepper gave (Y/N) a look full of disbelief, as if she couldn't believe what her eyes were seeing at the moment, (Y/N) too was on the verge of of letting out a scoff of a laugh, but she held it back.

(Y/N) multitasked on keeping her eyes on what Justin was about to say and eyeing the phone where she continually told Natasha her status, since she was told to be alert in case of an emergency.

"Ladies and gentlemen, for far too long, this country has had to place its brave men and women in harm's way," he stood behind a podium. "but then the Iron Man arrived, and we thought the days of losing lives were behind us. Sadly, that technology was kept out of reach. That's not fair. That's not right. And it's just too bad."

"Oh, Lord," Pepper mumbled under her breath.

"Regardless, it was an impressive innovation, one that grabbed headlines the world over," Justin continued. "Well, today, my friends, the press is faced with quite a different problem."