⁸². 𝐹𝑎𝑟𝑒𝑤𝑒𝑙𝑙

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn't always roll that way. Maybe this time."

(Y/N) sat in the couch of her living room with her eyes set on a recording she had found saved inside one of Tony's old helmets. She had felt this sense of deja vu after the last time she had found a recording of this kind, yet this was completely different. She had set the helmet in a particular angle so the projection would be positioned in the right corner of the room for everyone to see.

"I'm hoping if you play this back, it's in celebration," he continued. "I hope families are reunited. I hope we get it back. And something like a normal version of the planet has been restored. If there was ever such a thing. God, what a world. Universe, now. If you told me 10 years ago that we weren't alone, let alone to this extent, I mean, I wouldn't been surprised but come on, who knew?"

"The epic forces of darkness and light that have come into play," (Y/N) brushed away any tears that escaped her eyes as her daughter pulled her closer. "And for better or worse. . .that's the reality Morgan's gonna have to find a way to grow up in."

Her eyes trailed up to Morgan, who was innocently watching the recording with an expression that even (Y/N) couldn't decipher. It was hard to break the news to her ( if she tried remembering how that went she might break down ) but Morgan was a smart girl. She comprehended life and death to an extent of someone her age might have.

"So, I thought I'd probably better record a little greeting in the case of an untimely death. On my part," Tony's hand moved to point at himself. "Not that death at any time isn't untimely. This time travel thing that we're gonna try and pull off tomorrow, it's got me scratching my head about the survivability of it all. Then again, that's the hero gig, right?"

"Part of the journey is the end."

Rhodey, who was sat on one of the living room's loveseats, couldn't stop his tears. Happy was somehow in a state of shock and couldn't bring himself to express anything in his face.

"What am I even tripping for?" Tony's projection got up from the chair he was sitting in and stepped in front of it. "Everything's gonna work out exactly the way it's supposed to."

His eyes lifted to stare off into one person in particular, as if he knew she would be watching. The sight of her father's eyes staring back at her made Morgan cower back to her mother protectively. All (Y/N) could offer was a hand of comfort and brushed the loose strands of hair out of Morgan's eyes.

"I love you 3,000."

With that, the hologram disappeared.