³⁰. 𝐵𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑜𝑛 𝐵𝑎𝑠𝑒

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

There were times where quinjet rides back to the tower were loud; those moments usually happened when Thor was excitedly talking in his usual booming voice about some anecdote back on Asgard after something reminded him of it. Other rides were silent; where every one of the team members sat and swarmed in their own thoughts or healed their wounds from battle if they had any. But this one right one was different, it wasn't in complete silence or complete noise. Everyone was in their own world, careful to not disturb the other but loud enough to not make the air tense.

Bruce was the one who was mostly stuck in his own mind, since he had headphones on with classical music playing on them to calm him down after a Hulk transformation. Tony was driving the jet by his own, his expression holding more tension than it usually had. But the major focus of attention was Clint, since he was laying on a cot in the center of the jet, hooked to an IV while the others watched over him.

(Y/N) was still in her red, gold and blue suit, only now she had her aviator's jacket over it and her hair pinned back. She'd been staring at the ground for over the last minutes after moving back and forth from checking on Clint, who insisted on her sitting down. Tony had insisted on taking the flight back home, something that was odd or him.

She took a look around the jet after growing bored from staring at the floor and saw how lonely Bruce was sitting by the left side, so she decided to join him. At the sight of her approaching, he removed the headphones and focused his attention on her.

"Hey, I see the lullaby worked," she started the conversation. Now that she thought of it, she hadn't spoken less than three words to him. "Today better than before."

Bruce sighed and offered a tight smile. "Just wasn't expecting a code green."

(Y/N) couldn't help but feel guilty. She saw the painful look in his eyes every time he transformed back into himself after being the Hulk. If she knew how to handle the mission better, they wouldn't have put Bruce on the battlefield and make him go through his torment.

She tried to reassure him, since she knew he needed it. "If you hadn't been there, there would have been double the casualties. Our bird here would've been a memory by now."

Thinking they were talking about him, Clint was able to give one simple and weak wave at them before dropping his hand back down. Bruce and (Y/N) saw this and shared a chuckle along with Natasha, who was still keeping an eye out.

"You know, sometimes exactly what I want to hear isn't exactly what I want to hear," Bruce drew the attention back to himself.

"You don't trust me?"

"It's not you I don't trust."