⁷³. 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑅𝑒𝑢𝑛𝑖𝑜𝑛

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

(Y/N) figured it would be best to visit the Avengers compound so Tony would demonstrate his discovery. (Y/N) didn't want to leave Morgan in the hands of someone else and offered to stay behind, but Tony argued that they might be reuniting the entire team. The first person they thought of was Pepper, and she was happy to take her in and watch over her until it was necessary.

"You know, Morgan asked for a sibling," Tony spoke up as he opened the car door for (Y/N).

(Y/N)'s eyebrows shot upwards at the sudden confession. She sat back in her seat and waited for Tony to enter the car as well before exclaiming, "What?"

"Well, a 'sibling', as in — "

"It's not that kind of 'what'."

Tony ignited the car's engine. "Would it actually be so bad? Having another kid in the house?"

"I don't know," (Y/N) pressed her lips in a thin line. She felt like her hesitation came from her own experience growing up in the shadow of an older sibling, but a part of her reminded that her daughter wouldn't grow up in the same environment as her and she wouldn't have to worry about the pattern passing down.

"Can we talk about it later?" she pleaded, still not in the right headspace to discuss this topic.

Tony was about to argue but decided against it. He pressed on the pedal and the sports car sped through the driveway of the cabin out into the open road. In a couple of hours, they were pulling in the entrance of the old Avengers compound, and (Y/N) felt this sudden wave of nostalgia wash over her. It had been 5 years since the last time she was here and she scolded herself for forgetting about it and all the memories that happened inside.

Every second they came closer to the compound's driveway, (Y/N) began distinguishing the figure standing outside with hands on their hips. She squinted her eyes and recognized Steve's slicked back, blond hair, and also the old fashioned shirt he was wearing.

Tony dramatically stopped the car a few feet away from where Steve was standing, but then reversed to park the car right beside him. He rolled down the window so Steve could see them properly, revealing two serious faces. Steve's eyebrows furrowed at the sight of the couple wearing almost identical sunglasses, but even further when they pushed them down at the same time for dramatic effect.

"Okay, you intimidated him," (Y/N) broke the silence. She faced her husband. "Now, focus."

"Why the long face?" Tony asked right after. "Let me guess, he turned into a baby."