⁶⁸. 𝐹𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝐵𝑖𝑟𝑡ℎ𝑑𝑎𝑦𝑠

2020

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

"Happy first birthday, Morgan!"

(Y/N) couldn't believe it. It seemed like almost yesterday when she found out she was pregnant, and now, she's organizing her daughter's first birthday party ever. Both Tony and her wanted to make a big deal out of it, even if there was a high probability that Morgan wouldn't even remember this when she grows up. However, that didn't stop Tony from purchasing almost every party decoration from the stores, or (Y/N) from taking pictures of everything for the photo album.

The couple also called in their closest friends for the special celebration, feeling as if they needed to be included in all this. Pepper made it to the small party right on time holding a store chocolate cake in her hands. Happy barged in too, but he looked extremely apologetic when he confessed to accidentally breaking the music box he had bought for Morgan. Natasha and Rhodey were on their ridiculous feud of being Morgan's favorites, so each brought a new stuffed animal for the girl's collection. Bruce wasn't able to make it, saying that he was busy in his lab doing something important, but he sent in a birthday card in the mail.

"Oh, (Y/N), she looks just like you!" Pepper squealed of pure joy, fond eyes set on her friend.

"Really? People always say she looks like a copy of Tony," (Y/N) replied with a smile at the compliment, nodding along to Morgan's gargles when she flapped her arms in excitement.

"For the sake of humanity, let's hope not," Rhodey commented, already diving into his slice of cake.

Tony gave him a look as he placed a slice of cake onto Happy's plate. "Excuse you, humanity should be thankful if that does happen."

"Let's wish that isn't a promise that gets fulfilled," Natasha muttered with a smug grin on her lips.

(Y/N) carefully wiped the frosting off Morgan's cheeks with a napkin and brushed the loose strands of hair that had fallen over face. Tony finished filling everyone's plates with cake and moved on to serve his own, which happened to be the second one of the day.

"So," Happy dragged the 'o'. "When are you planning to give Morgan a little sibling?"

Pepper, Rhodey and Natasha all eyed Happy with looks of pure confusion. Happy seemed pleased and not at all fazed by the nature of his question, which increased the raised eyebrows. Meanwhile, Tony and (Y/N) froze on their spots, eyeing each other as if this was a conversation they'd had before.

"We're not sure," (Y/N) was the first one to respond. "I grew up with a sibling rivalry, so that's probably not something I want her to deal with."