⁴. 𝐷𝑜𝑛𝑢𝑡 𝑇𝑎𝑙𝑘

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

NOTHING is better than eating a box of donuts. . .especially if you're eating a box of donuts on the enormous figure of that exact same treat that was on the roof of Randy's Donuts. Tony casually chewed onto the bread without a single care in the world, his helmet placed on the side but the suit still on.

"Sir! I'm gonna have to ask you to exit the donut," he heard a voice call out to him from below, just to see a familiar figure with an eye patch and an entire black outfit.

Tony lowered his sunglasses to eye him properly and the man didn't say anything in refund, his hands were on his hips, and he shook his head and walked inside the shop.

"I told you, I don't wanna join your super secret boy band," Tony started now that he and Nick Fury sat in a tiny booth inside the place. He still had the suit on, which meant he cramped a lot of space in the booth and he could barely move.

Fury huffed a laugh while he held his cup in one hand. "No, see, I remember, you do everything yourself. How's it workin' out for you?"

Tony didn't answer right away, scoffing a few words through before he paused and tried again. "I'm sorry, I don't wanna get off on the wrong foot, do I look in the patch or the eye? Honestly, I'm a bit hungover, I'm not sure if you're real or not — "

"I am very real," Fury leaned from his spot across him. "I'm the realest person you're ever gonna meet."

"Just my luck."

"Where is the staff here?"

Tony moved his head to the side for a while and Fury saw the strange pattern of lines that was crawling up his neck like some sort of virus, an ill color painted on the lines.

"Oh, that's not lookin' too good."

Going unknown by Tony, two other people began to make their way towards the booth where the two men were sitting, the woman named Natasha wore a typical black suit meanwhile (Y/N) wore regular black clothing.

"We've secured the perimeter, but I don't think we should hold it for too much longer," Natasha spoke up, which caught Tony's attention.

"Huh," he let out a breath, realizing who the person beside her was. "You're fired."

"It doesn't work like that anymore," (Y/N) replied with a smirk, sliding in to sit next to Fury in the booth while Natasha grabbed a spare chair and sat in front of the booth.

"Seems like you're already familiar with Lieutenant Vaughn," Fury gestured, using her title and real name. "But I'd like you to meet Agent Romanoff too."

The name rang in his ears for a short while, repeating it under his breath to see if it clicked in his head but he made a snarky remark before he could truly concentrate.

"Hi," he greeted sarcastically.

"I'm a SHIELD shadow once we knew you were ill I was tasked to you by Director Fury.

"I suggest you apologize," Tony told her, looking at her through his sunglasses.

"For what?" (Y/N) raised an eyebrow.

Fury interfered before either of them could speak. "You've been very busy. Made your assistant your CEO, you've given away all your stuff. You let your friend fly away with your suit. If I didn't know any better — "

"You don't know better," Tony cut him off. "I didn't give it to him. He took it."

"Whoa! He took it? You're Iron Man and he just took it?" Fury exclaimed dramatically.  "Little brother walked in there, kicked your ass and took your suit? Is that possible?"

Fury turned to (Y/N) for an answer. "Well, according to Mr. Stark's database security guidelines, there are redundandancies to prevent unauthorized usage."

"What do you want from me?" Tony asked, already growing annoyed.

"What do we want from you? No, no, no! What do you want from me," Fury corrected, his volume rising. "You have become a problem, a problem I have to deal with. Contrary to your belief, you are not the center of my universe."

(Y/N) looked between Fury and Tony and the scene in front of her had similarity to a father scolding a child, and it was an amusing sight. She looked back at Natasha from the corner of her eye and the redhead was biting back a smile. After that, she stood up from the booth and walked away.

"Yeah, I get it," Tony replied.

"I have bigger problems than you in the Southwest region to deal with," Fury yelled, then saw Natasha returning. "Hit him."

Natasha pinched him in the side of the neck with some sort of device, which instantly made Tony jump up from surprise before he groaned in protest.

"Are you gonna steal my kidney and sell it?" he questioned. He looked back at Natasha with raised eyebrows. "Could you please not do anything awful for 5 seconds? What did you just do to me?"

"What did we just do for you," Fury corrected again. "That's lithium dioxide. It's gonna take the edge off. We're trying to get you back to work."

"Give me a couple boxes and I'll be right as rain."

"It's not a cure, it's just to break the symptoms," Natasha added on, sitting beside Tony now.

Fury spoke up. "Then the lag is gonna be an easy fix."

"Trust me, I know I'm good at this stuff," Tony said confidently. "I've been looking for a suitable replacement for palladium. I've tried every combination, every permutation of every known element."

"Well, I'm here to tell you you haven't tried them all."