ᴘᴏꜱᴛ ᴄʀᴇᴅɪᴛ ꜱᴄᴇɴᴇ

[ 2024 ]

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

"Good job, honey!"

Morgan glowed with pride at the praise she received from her mother, adjusting herself on the larger chair in the dining room. Her feet were dangling off the chair due to her height, kicking her feet in excitement every time she got an answer right on her homework sheets.

Morgan had come home from school just a few hours ago, and she had asked (Y/N) for assistance on her math homework. (Y/N) accepted right away, finding the additions on the worksheet quite troublesome for a kid her age, but quickly figured out that Morgan actually didn't need any help. She was as smart as her father and figured out the answer in a short time.

"Mommy," Morgan's delicate voice rang through the room. Her round, brown eyes stared up to her mother in awe. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, honey."

"My teacher said something about Father's Day."

(Y/N) immediately tensed in her seat.

"There is gonna be a big party on that Monday."

"Is that so?"

Morgan nodded before continuing. "Can you come with me?"

(Y/N) could feel her own heart crack inside her chest. Morgan innocently waited for her mother's response, quite oblivious to the sentiment she had caused with her question. Her small fingers had dropped the pencil she was using and laid her hands on her lap.

"Sure thing, honey," she nodded immediately. "You can count on it."

"Yay!"

Morgan jumped up to embrace her mother in a tight hug, using her arms to wrap around her neck. (Y/N) moved her head to the side to press a kiss on her cheek and her daughter made a squeal at the sensation. She would love to freeze this moment and stay like this forever, in a tiny bubble where nothing bothered her and Morgan. Where nothing bad had destroyed their family and everything was just peaceful.

But that happiness was cut short when Morgan pulled away due to a strange sensation in her back. "Mommy, you feel funny."

"Funny?"

(Y/N) removed her arms from around Morgan's smaller frame and saw what she meant. Her fingers were glowing in their classic yellowish light, but this time there was a much visible hint of blue in them. She frowned at the sight, since she hadn't planned nor summoned consciously her powers.

Afraid she might hurt Morgan, (Y/N) stood up from the table and reached for her phone. She saw on her lock screen how she had more than 20 missed calls, all from two different numbers. She was about to choose in between the two but then saw the glow in her fingers begin to increase.

"Mommy?"

She did not want to scare Morgan off, but she panicked. "Uh, stay there, honey. I'll be back."

(Y/N)'s eyes didn't leave her hands as the glow around her fingers was increasing in brightness. She felt guilty from leaving Morgan by herself downstairs, but she much preferred locking herself in her room so she wouldn't hurt her. The walk down the hallway to her room seemed eternal as she made her way over, feeling a strange tingling sensation on her hands.

She barely got to close the door of her room before she felt this strange feeling again, this time around her entire body.

A gasp left her lips as she lost her balance and fell backwards, prepared to hurt her back against the hardwood floor of her house, but it didn't quite feel the same. She opened her eyes and found herself staring at the inside of a closet that she had never seen before. (Y/N) stood up from the floor and found a hole on the closet's door, the broken wood laying on the same place where she had fell. Her eyes were focused on her still glowing fingers, but then noticed how the light started dying out.

That's when she got enough courage to lift her gaze up and wasn't received by the sight of her own bedroom. The different blue walls were completely covered in drawings with distinctive art styles, posters with ridiculous phrases on them, and even pillows with unique designs on them. But the strangest thing of all where the images that seemed to resemble herself.

How did I get here? she asked herself.

(Y/N) turned back to the closet and grabbed a broken part of the door to find a torn poster of herself on it, as if it had been hanged on the door. Her own smile stared back at her in mocking, which made her raise her eyebrows in question. She inspected the rest of the room and found stuffed versions of herself and her husband's alter ego on the twin sized bed.

She had no other option but to run toward the door, ready to confront whomever that got her in this position. No matter how strange it was.

The Marvelette will return.

OMG THIS IS THE END IM GONNA CRY

Thank you all for following and loving this story. You made this journey worth it. Can't believe this was my longest book to finish.

Hopefully I'll do the second part including The Marvels and hopefully some more content for you, including flashbacks or moments I can't find a way to fit in this book. If you're interested in the Stark family, I recommend you reading 'Battlefield', which connects to this story.

-see you in a next book, bex <3

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒 [𝖙•𝖘] [𝖎𝖒 - 𝖊𝖓𝖌] 🎉