⁴⁹. 𝐵𝑎𝑏𝑦𝑠𝑖𝑡𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑀𝑖𝑙𝑒𝑠 𝐴𝑤𝑎𝑦

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

"You sure you have this handled?"

(Y/N) was walking alongside Tony through an airport hangar as they were being led away into the private jet , trying to avoid being close to the windows and doors where dozens of reporters were waiting outside for them. Since the Accords and the split of the Avengers, news reporters had been feeding on any sort of new information like hungry piranhas. Because of this, security had been increased around everywhere they went, and if (Y/N) had to hear to another brainless reporter ask her about her rumored relationship with Tony, she'd lose it.

"Of course," Tony shrugged her question off with an extremely calm look in his eyes, one that was even preoccupying. "When have I never gotten things handled on my own?"

(Y/N) stopped walking and crossed her arms, looking at him with raised eyebrows. He too paused, and winced when he realized the question he'd asked. "Right. Bad example."

"Points taken for effort."

"I'll take that," Tony nodded as they got closer to the jet and the ladder hatch opened up for them to walk in. "Besides, it's a high school kid we're talking about. He won't have that much free time to focus on 'saving crime'."

It had been two months after the split of the Avengers, and (Y/N) wanted to know how Tony had handled the Peter Parker situation. The teen — in Tony's words — was giddy to help him on a new mission, even ecstatic to be part of the Avengers, but had that bubble burst in a blink. (Y/N) did not want Tony to lead the poor kid on or even leave him in the dust, which was why she was asking for an update on the way here. She just hoped that Peter didn't grow that impatient for him to start begging for a chance every day, which was something (Y/N) wanted to give him when he was ready.

On the other hand, Tony was slowly falling back into his regular routine after the entire fiasco. He was starting to get invited to fancy galas, inaugurations, or parties again like he was used to back in the day, eager to return to the luxury lifestyle that he was so used in having. He had also asked (Y/N) to be his accompaniment in all events that requested his presence, but also being shocked when some invitations ordered for him t bring her along since she was a growing celebrity.

Once both of them were inside the jet and the door was closed behind (Y/N), the silence was deafening. Yes, the sound of the engine being ignited by itself was loud too, but other than that, neither of them said a word. (Y/N) hadn't moved to find a comfortable seat in the cabin, and when Tony realized she wasn't following him, he raised her eyebrows at her.

"Hey, come on, what's up?" he asked, standing up from the seat he'd already claimed. "You gotta work with me here, honey."

"Nothing, don't worry."