³¹. 𝑃𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑆𝑒𝑐𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑠

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

Saturday night came in pretty quickly and in just one blink of an eye, (Y/N) was forced to change into an elegant attire for the evening and politely greeted the guests as they entered the main floor where the party would be taking place. There were couches, pool tables and the bar, so it was the perfect place in the entire tower for the party to be held in.

Music filled (Y/N)'s ears, the alcohol from her bottle of beer was buzzing in her system, and she saw too many people in her line of sight to count them all out. Her teammates were blended in with the rest of the crowd; women in elegant dresses and men with their expensive suits, all laughing and chitchatting with whomever crossed their path. (Y/N) was actually having an enjoyable time, and she hoped this night wouldn't end in a disaster like the last one she'd attended.

"But, you know, the suit can take the weight, right?" Rhodey's voice brought her back to reality, where (Y/N) was standing by him as he retold one of his many 'adventures' with Maria Hill on her side, and Thor and Tony in front of her.

"So, I take the tank, fly it right up to the general's palace, drop it at his feet. I'm like, 'Boom. You looking for this?'" Rhodey grinned at the end and waited for roars of laughter, but all he got from the two men in front of him were polite smiles. "'Boom. Are you looking for — 'Why do I even talk to you guys? Everywhere else, that story kills."

"That's the whole story?" Thor questioned with his glass of beer in hand, frowning down at him.

"Yeah, it's a War Machine story."

"Oh, it's very good, then," Thor laughed. "It's impressive."

"Quality save."

(Y/N) felt a gentle jab on her side and turned to see Maria drinking down her flute of champagne with an unamused expression. The brunette raised her eyebrows as if she was holding a laugh and (Y/N) couldn't help but fight back her own.

"So, no Pepper?" Rhodey looked between Tony and (Y/N) since they were the ones who could have an answer. "She's not coming?"

Tony was the one to answer. "No."

"What about Jane?" Maria questioned, putting her flute of champagne against her lips. "Where are the ladies, gentlemen?"

"Oh, Ms. Potts has a company to run."

"Yes, I'm not even sure what country Jane's in," Thor replied. "Her work on the Convergence has made her the world's foremost astronomer."

(Y/N) knew where this was going. She wasn't sure how many times she's witnessed it after losing count, but it was still tiring all the same. She was no stranger to the silly bantering the men (especially Thor and Tony since they were the most temperamental) had over everything. Who could bench press the longest? Who could run over a city block the fastest? Who could carry more people on their back? Who was the strongest? It always was the same, and sometimes it was funny to see them pressuring themselves to win a silly competition, but there were times where Natasha and (Y/N) used it to their advantage.