⁶³. 𝑀𝑟 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑀𝑖𝑠𝑠𝑢𝑠

2018───✱*

2018
───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

The sound of their friends' and family's claps of joy will forever be engraved in their mind. They never once wavered as the couple signed the legal document that declared them as an official married couple, but increased in volume when the groom stole a kiss from the bride once it was done. As they got onto their assigned car with the traditional cans dangling from the trunk, the newly wed couple got in and drove out into the open.

They drove off into their new life, off from the heavy weights that the newly established world had on their shoulders, off from the responsibilities of being the last standing members of the Avengers; off to their temporary break to enjoy their newly wedded life.

Tony Stark was an old-fashioned guy, and a few years back when he saw one of his teammates live an entire different life in an isolated cabin, he decided that's what he wanted for his future. He already had an idea of who he wanted to share it with, he just needed the right opportunity to make it happen. And it did happen. It took its sweet time, but it did. So he didn't waste any time and bought enough property to have the privacy he needed in this new chapter of his life.

As the sun was losing its throne in the sky, the car approached the isolated area of a humongous lake, where a newly built-in cabin stood. The trees were tall enough to cover and protect the house like a shield, and the reflection of the water was visible in the clean windows. The perfect place for a home. He couldn't wait to grow old in it and feel like he actually accomplished something in his life.

The car was brought to a stop, and Tony didn't waste any time before jumping off his seat to help the person in the passenger's seat. He opened the door for her and (Y/N) flashed him a thankful grin, one that he was happy to return.

Once (Y/N) got both of her feet on the ground, she was able to take a better look at the cabin in front of her. Her eyes were wide from everything surrounding the area, but what also caught her attention was the excitement dripping off Tony's face. It looked like he was keeping something from her, and that was never good.

"Home sweet home," he announced and moved his arms dramatically to show off.

(Y/N) had never turned to look at him so fast. "Home — ? But I thought this was temporary?"

Tony shook his head and pressed his lips to restrain a smile. "Nope," he popped the kat syllable. "Told you I'd take a page off Barton's book."

"Tony, I — " she couldn't express what she was feeling into words. Her eyes softened as she stared at the man beside her, and couldn't believe she was in this moment. "Thank you."