³². 𝑅𝑒𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑆𝑡𝑒𝑝𝑠

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

"All our work is gone."

Bruce had the first word after the group returned back to the lab, where they could find an easier answer on what went wrong with this so called program 'Ultron', and to check how far it had gone. It didn't take long before Bruce cracked and confessed how he and Tony were secretly programming Ultron for the last couple days with the help of the scepter.

"Ultron cleared out. He used the Internet as an escape hatch," he continued.

"Ultron."

"He's been in everything," Natasha announced, crossing her arms in her chest. She'd changed out of her dress and was now in more flexible clothes. "Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other."

From the corner of her eye, (Y/N) saw how Clint tensed from his spot, and he had a reason to be. Clearly he had the most on risk out of everyone in the room, and she looked up to catch his eye and gave him a reassuring smile. She could worry about what this meant for her later; the full thought of her personal information in the hands of an unknown AI was creepy and brought chills down her spine.

"He's in your files, he's in the Internet," Rhodey spoke up, walking around the room. "What if he decided to access something a little more exciting?"

Maria snapped her head up. "Nuclear codes."

"Nuclear codes," Rhodey agreed. His eyes trailed on the team scattered all over the area. "Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can."

"Nukes?" Natasha questioned, shaking her head. "He said he wanted us dead."

"He didn't say 'dead'," Steve raised his voice from across the lab, hand on hip. "He said 'extinct'."

Clint leaned onto the railing from the upper half of the lab. "He also said he killed somebody."

"There wasn't anyone else in the building."

Tony walked toward the center of the room, holding a small see-through device in his hand. "Yes, there was."

He pressed the device and a hologram appeared on the center of the room that was designed for that. It revealed some sort of distorted image of the planet, with scattered pieces as if it was broken all around it. Bruce, who instantly recognized what it was, moved closer with his hands open and glasses on to examínate it further.

"What?" he voiced his questions. "This is insane."

"JARVIS was the first line of defense," Steve realized, crossing his arms. "He would have shut Ultron down. It makes sense."