³⁷. 𝐵𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑎𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑇𝑜𝑤𝑒𝑟

───✱*

───✱*.。:。✱*.:。✧*.。✰ ───

"You okay?" (Y/N) found herself asking to the younger girl in the jet back that would take them back to New York, back with the rest of the team.

Wanda raised her head when she heard the voice calling for her, and she easily slumped her shoulders. (Y/N) could tell she was slightly ashamed of her past actions, so she sat down across from her and gave her a small smile. (Y/N) wanted to show her that she could open up to her, despite their differences and how she made her see her worst nightmare.

"You can talk to me, okay?" she tried again. "We're on the same side now."

Wanda sighed and played with the rings on her fingers. The red cloth that she had worn over her shoulders was now placed on her legs. "All we wanted was to change the world," she finally confessed, her accent noticiable. "We wanted to get back at Stark for what he did to us."

(Y/N) didn't have to be a genius to know what had happened to make them despise Tony that much, and it's not like she could defend him. What she did know is that he's ashamed from his old way of running his company, and is trying to own up to his mistakes, even if he doesn't do it in the right way.

"I know," (Y/N) managed to answer, nodding along with her words.

"Why do you care for him?" Wanda unexpectedly asked, a sense of confusion in her tone.

"Hmm?"

"Stark," Wanda clarified, perking up, which implies that this was something she really wanted to know the answer too. "I saw it in your nightmare. You care about him. Why?"

"He's. . ." (Y/N) couldn't find the right words. "He's important to me. He's been for a very long time."

"But do you know what he's capable of? How much damage he's done? How — "

"I do," (Y/N) cut her off, a slight defensive tone coming through. "What I also know is that he learns from his mistakes. He's proved that to me a thousand times."

Silence was Wanda's only response. (Y/N) couldn't help but feel guilt because of this. She had wanted to empathize with the girl and somehow ended up in a debate. This wasn't what she wanted.

"Look, what I'm trying to say, is that he, just like you realize they've made a mistake and try to redeem yourselves," she paused, trying to let her words sink through. "It's what makes you the good guys now. Try and think of that."

Wanda was still silent in her spot, playing with her rings, and (Y/N) decided to let her be for the meantime until they got to the tower. She made her way to the cockpit where the called-in agent was piloting, with Steve by the side.