[REQUESTED] A rough day - Tennisball x Golfball

humanized au🤯🤯💣💣💣💥💥

edn nfnnfnfnd

--

Tennisball's POV

From the very moment I woke up that morning, I could sense something was amiss. The sky was overcast, mirroring the gloom that seemed to have taken residence within GB's usually bright and determined eyes. As we gathered with the rest of our BFDI friends, her distant demeanor was hard to miss. Every attempt at humor or camaraderie fell flat, as if a dark cloud hung over her spirit.

Being TB, I couldn't bear to see GB like this. She was my best friend, after all – my partner in everything, from dodgeball matches to late-night stargazing. I wanted to bring back that fiery determination that had always defined her.

"Hey, GB," I began cautiously, approaching her on the sidelines of a challenge. "Is something bothering you?"

She glanced at me, her normally bright eyes dull and distant. "It's nothing, TB. Just having a rough day."

I could see right through that facade. GB never was one to show vulnerability, but I knew her too well. "Come on, you can talk to me. We're a team, remember?"

A faint smile tugged at the corners of her lips, but it was a far cry from her usual energetic grin. "You're right. It's just... I feel like I'm not living up to my expectations lately. Like I'm letting everyone down."

I placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "GB, you're one of the most determined and skilled leaders I know. You've guided us through challenges that seemed impossible, and we've come out victorious every time. Don't doubt yourself."

She sighed, her shoulders relaxing slightly. "It's not that simple, TB."

I knew I had to do something more to lift her spirits. "How about we take a break from all this and do something you enjoy? Remember the time we invented a small machine where it could be used to automatically feed you breakfast, with the little robot arm holding a spoon in its hand to feed you cereal?" (i saw something like this on tiktok/youtube😭)

A small chuckle escaped her lips, and for a moment, the weight seemed to lift from her heart. "Yeah, that was fun. I do love inventing new things."

"Then it's settled!" I exclaimed, my enthusiasm catching on. "Let's make an invention! Maybe it'll remind you of how great you are at what you do."

Her eyes brightened a little more, and I could see a glimmer of her old self returning. "Alright, TB. Let's go to my lab!"

As we ventured to her lab, I couldn't help but feel a sense of hope. With each playful jab and supportive cheer, GB's smile grew wider, her laughter more genuine. The determination I had come to admire so much was returning, as if the fairway of her heart was being mended one hole at a time.

By the time we finished our little invention, GB was back to her energetic self. We collapsed onto the grass, both out of breath and grinning from ear to ear.

"Thanks, TB," she said, nudging my side playfully. "You always know how to cheer me up."

I grinned back at her. "Just doing my best, GB. After all, we're a team on and off the field."

She moved slightly closer to me, causing my face to go into a blushing mess. I had then just realized I had a crush on her, one of my secrets that I'll probably never tell her, since I believe confessing is not my forte. (bfb 14🤨✋)

"Hey TB, Uhh...this is a very, very out-of-the-ordinary question, but...are you dating anyone as of now?" She asked, facing me.

"Umm...no, why?" I replied, almost stuttering.

"TB...I don't know what these feelings are, but I really, really, like you." She said. I suddenly get really nervous, and I felt myself sweating a lot. My crush seriously confessed to me right now, right here, today.

"I-I think I l-like you too, GB..." I confessed. She came even more closer and rested her head on my chest. "Oh, are you sleepy?" I asked. 

"Yeah..." She closed her eyes and silently slept on my chest. All I could do is smile at the moment, staring into the bright sky.

As the day went on, I watched GB's confidence and determination shine through once more. Our friends noticed the change too, and the camaraderie that had been momentarily overshadowed by her struggles was back in full force.

It was a reminder that even the strongest among us can have their off days, and that sometimes all it takes is a friend's unwavering support to turn things around. And as GB and I stood side by side, facing the next challenge that awaited us, I knew that no matter what obstacles we faced, we'd always have each other's backs.

--

waah i love them😭 <3

can't believe its only semi-canon😤

--