[REQUESTED] Just go away... - Knife x NB!Reader

this has angst and fluff in it so be aware🙌🙌 (ive never done anything like this furufgugfygrfyr)

slight swearing🫢

--

Knife's POV

When I joined I.I, things were quite easier. Now I just want people to leave me alone and mind their damn business. I breathed in and out as much as I could, but nothing was working. I.I is making me way too stressed, to the point where I just wished I never were here in the first place. Suddenly [Y/N] came strolling in the forest. Why were they here?

I got up from the stump I was sitting on and tried hiding behind the bushes so I could get some me-time. (apparently everything i write in the first couple of paragraphs almost always has something to do with dirty things☹️) I saw them walk farther and farther from where I am, which made me nervous. I had decided to become friends with them a while ago, but it's awkward since I always avoid them at all times because of this stupid shit.

Your POV

I was trying to find Knife; he had disappeared not a long time ago and I was worried about him. I heard something rustling behind the bushes. "Could it be...?" I muttered. I turned towards the direction where the noise came from and saw Knife with his arms wrapped around his legs. "K-Knife? Are you okay?" I asked. He only just stared at me, blinking twice but then he murmured something I couldn't decipher.

"What was that? Sorry, I couldn't hear yo-" I was soon cut off by him bursting out in tears. "J-JUST LEAVE ME ALONE, GODDAMMIT!" He said, running off into the nowhere with tears in his eyes. I just stood there, dazed. "H-Hey Knife! Wait up!" I shouted, running after him. One part of my body wanted to just leave him alone, but the second half told me to go after him. I ran for about 2 minutes, my body's energy completely drained.

I really was worried about him; I couldn't just let him go through what he's suffered for the past few months of competing in I.I. "K... Kni-fe...!" I said, panting. "P-Please just tell me what's wrong..." I said, desperately wanting to help him. He was curled up, hastily trying to wipe away his tears. "C-Competing in I.I is such a pain...It's like it's draining my mental health every second I'm here..." "Plus, Mephone is so annoying...!" He said, curling up his fists.

"It's going to be okay, Knife. Everything's going to be fine at the end. But please don't run away from me again, I really care about you. And it's true." I said, trying to console him. He smiled. "Thanks, [Y/N]." I beckoned him to give me a hug. "I promise...it'll be okay." I patted him on the back several times until he finally calmed down. "I'm so lucky to have a friend like you, [Y/N]. Because of my arrogant attitude, not many people like me." He muttered.

I chuckled. "They don't like you because they don't know you enough, Knife. They don't know how you are on the inside." "Yeah! I'm really amazing and they're too blind to even notice!" I smiled. I knew he was smiling too. I was happy I was able to help my friend out, by helping him find a new confidence in himself. "Oh, and [Y/N], I have something to tell you." He said. "Hm? What is it?" He let go of our tight embrace and cupped my hands.

"I've had a... crush on you for a quite long time...I was wondering... would you like to go out with me?" He said. I was left, stunned. At this point I knew I also have feelings for him. And now, it's my chance.

"I'd love to, Knife." 

He looked deep into my eyes and kissed me.

--

o m g i made something more than 520 words long🤯🤯🤯😮‍💨😮‍💨😮‍💨

also ive never done angst + fluff so plz tell me your opinion🙏 (if you want to lmfao)

side note: help i haven't used the term "plz" ever since 2020💀