[REQ] My everything - Tree x Remote

soo fun fact i never knew this existed, i just wanted to write it because i could see how it's barely popular and in any oneshot book so here

i'll be inactive almost all week ☹️

but today we just finished the unit 2 ELA NJSLA so all we have is math 🥵☝️ 

pretty scared for tmrw 🥶

--

"Hey, Tree. I'm bored. Want to hang out?" Remote inquired, nudging my shoulder. It's kind of rare for her to ask to hang out with anyone other than Pillow.

"Well sure, I wouldn't mind. What will we do, though?" She looked down for a minute, thinking.

She suddenly perked up. "Why not a nature exhibit? That's your thing...right?" Well, I can't say for sure a full interest, but why not.

"I can't deny I'm obsessed with biology. Let's go, then." Remote nodded and took my hand. I felt my heart leap out of my chest. I don't think anyone has ever touched me so affectionately before. 

"We're here." I gazed at the sight of fresh plant pots lined up neatly on the shelves, with remains of old but yet still living plants buried across the dirt. I saw Remote run past me.

"Hey-Remote? Where are you going." I sighed as I ran off to find her. I bumped into a glass wall, that contained dahlias. I knew this flower seemed familiar, with its vivid design--perfect for snails to snack on. In the corner of my eye, I had spotted Remote with her face flat on the shiny glass barricade. 

"Ah, there you are. What are you doing here?" She held up a small, tiny snail to my face. "Look. This looks just like you!" 

I blushed at the comparison, but my heart swelled with warmth at her kind words. "Huh? Well I mean it kind of does. But how did you get tha-"

"It crawled onto me. I was going to step on it, but I thought you'd be kind of sad." 

At least she's not Pillow, who would squish the hell out of the snail. "How thoughtful of you." 

"Can we keep it?" 

"Keep? I'm not sure, the little guy probably wants to go back to his own home. I'm sorry, Remote." I sighed, patting her head. "Aw. Well, it's okay."

I felt guilty, maybe we could've but I don't think he would live long with the whole contestant grounds being filled with objects, especially vicious ones. Maybe I could make an exception.

We strolled onward, looking for newer fascinating things that we both liked. We took a pit stop at the frogs, hopping around with their small legs. "Do you think we were frogs in our past life?" I don't think I should be surprised at her comments. But she does seem genuine with how caring she is at the moment.

"Hm, of course. I would've probably been the silent one who's sitting out over there," I pointed at the corner of the tropical vivarium. "And you could be the cheery, jumpy one." I tried my best to slightly mimic how her demeanor normally is like, but I don't know if it's working.

As I was alone in my thoughts, I heard Remote start giggling. "Tree, you're very funny." She hugged me, tightly. "I'm glad to have been here with you. We should do this more often."  Remote leaned in and kissed me. "How about we explore this newfound feeling- Um, ...Tree?" 

I stood there, almost bright red. I took a deep breath, trying to concentrate on what I should say next. "You know, I've always liked you, Remote. I couldn't find myself confessing to you because you're so perfect."

Remote stared at the floor, grimacing. "...Perfect? I'm not perfect, I'm just weird, I feel like I overdo many things. I don't even know if I truly merit you, Tree." Her eyes looked off to the side. 

"But even if you have weird antics, that's what makes you unique." I consoled, placing my hand on her cheek. 

"...Really?" She spoke. "I mean it. You're everything I could ask for." I smiled. She took me by the hand.

"Thank you, Tree. You're the only person who has ever said such a thing to me." We both smiled.

We suddenly overheard many of the staff announcing that the nature exhibit was about to close. "I suppose we must take our leave, Remote." I said, letting go of our grasp. I walked off to the opposite direction. 

"Hm? Where are you going?" Remote said, confused.

"Somewhere. Just stay here." I ran back to the dahlia exhibit and picked up the tiny snail strolling off. I hid it in my puffy leaves and ran back.

"Here. I think you should name him." I said, lifting the little snail off my branches. Remote smiled gracefully.

Remote jumped up and down in excitement. "Eeeek! Thank you! <3" 

"Let's go before they see us with the snail! Come on, darling!" I spoke, running off towards the exit.

"Coming!" She exclaimed, following after me. She caught up to me and held my hand as we left the exhibit.

~~

:)

Remote turned to Tree with a smile. "Thank you for showing me the wonders of nature, Tree. I couldn't have asked for a better adventure companion."
Tree beamed with happiness, his branches reaching towards the sky. "Anytime, Remote. Anytime."