[REQ] Well, that's what Co-Hosts are for. - Platonic Co-Host!Liam x Co-Host!Airy

my name IS NOT BACKPACK😡/ref

--

Liam's POV

"Anddd...in three, two, one.... go..." Airy announced, then dropping stones onto his globe. "Wow...I always wonder how you deal with all these contests and all, it's...amazing." I commented. Airy turned to me and sighed. "Well, I mean, I do have a lot of experience with contestants..." He picked up a file, containing prints of all the contestants that he has kept inside of these globes. "It's not really like, an actual hobby, but these are all of them that were on the globe before I started a new season...of ONE." He gestured for me to take the file. I accepted it and flipped through the prints as he continued rambling. "But we're cohosts, our job is to run the magnificent world of...ONE." I nodded. As usual, his voice was slow and deep, and sometimes it was hard to hear him. "Hey...I have a question, Airy."

He cocked his head to the side. "Hm?" "Do you get...tired? Like, tired of living the same life over and over again." After asking that, I now feel stupid. How great. "Well, sometimes. Not always though. I find... enjoyment in doing this." He replied. "Huh?" "I'm used to being here all the time. All alone. Until I stumbled upon you, Liam." "Hm.." I muttered. "There's a question I wanted to ask you in exchanged." He said. "Yeah, what is it?" "Do you... consider me, your friend?" Airy mumbled, showing genuine intuition. "Honestly, I do. In our own little world, we had agreed to take good care of this environment, one step at a time. That's why I value you, Airy. You're not just a co-host to me. You're one of the most caring people I've ever met." He smiled.

"I don't really know how to reply to these types of things. I've never had such a bond with other people just like me. And, I thank you for that" After finishing, he returned to his computer as I watched. "Oh, right. Could you try watching over my world?" He requested. "Ah, sure." I replied. I leaned over to see what they were doing, and there were only 3 itty-bitty stones left. "It seems as if they're almost finished."

"That's great." He sighed. "But I want to tell you something." "Well, what is it?" I asked. "Thanks for being here. I suppose it's not easy for you, or the both of us. But it helps knowing someone will help me." "Well, that's what friends are for, aren't they? They stick together, even in the tough times." I spoke. He seemed shocked, but had a slight smile on his face. "Well, if you say so." He said. We shortly heard arrogant screaming and shouting coming from Airy's globe. "They must've finished. Liam, could you go and pick up some sticks whilst I check up on the contestants?" "Okay. Got it." I said, walking out of the cave and back out into our own little world, which we call home.

--