[REQUESTED] New Contestant? - Alef [ AIB ] x GN!Reader

i'm assuming GN prolly means Gender-Neutral ? please tell me if i'm wrong, my brain cannot this week, especially after a specific incident in school which i don't want to go too in depth with because it "ruined" my "reputation"💀 (long story short me and my friend made a boy horribly sob and he yelled at us so loudly in front of the principal that he screamed when my friend tried speaking to him, at least we didn't get in trouble😭)

i'm okay though, my grades are looking better so ig that's good😨

--

Alef's POV

"Hey guys! Today a new contestant will be joining us today! Their name is [Y/N]!" Oodle announced. I rolled my eyes. It can't be that important anyways. I walked past the others gushing over who the new contestant could be, I bet they're a lame person. For some reason, I had this instinct to go over there too. I slowly walked over to where everyone else was standing, and everyone was in awe. They all started introducing themselves, making it a cacophony of noises. Maybe I should give a try, but maybe later.

I felt a tiny bit jealous, over the fact that my cousin, Nabla, seemed really happy over the new contestant, and I walked over to where she was. "Move aside, lamo." I said, pushing Nabla aside. "Uh, hey! You can't just do that!" Nabla whined. "Shut up!" I said, brushing past everyone. She gave me a glare, but I didn't care. "Oh, hey! Nabla told me your name was Alef, right?" [Y/N] said, grinning vividly. That little prune told them my name! 

"Yep, that's me." I said. This conversation is going nowhere. Why was I here again? Awkwardly looking to the side, I said, "I just wanted to talk to you, because, well, you seemed cool, I guess." They nodded. "I also think you're quite cool as well." They laughed silently, making me embarrassed. "Um, want to be my friend?" They asked. My eyes perked up. A friend? I only have a few friends, and I wasn't really "popular" around the others. It's especially rare for a new contestant wanted to be friends with me. 

"Hmm, sure, I guess." I replied. "Are there any name preferences you want me to call you?" They asked. "Nah, not really. Do you mind if we, uh, talk like this all the time?" They simply nodded a "yes". I could feel my mouth curve into a smile, and I quickly realized it. I saw Nabla giggling with her gay friend, (glue. it's glue.) pointing at me and [Y/N] and making us look like a couple. I signaled them to stop but they kept going. [Y/N] noticed this and said, "What's wrong? You seem concerned, dear Alef." I blushed when they said that, it's just a simple sentence so why-

"COME ON! JUST KISS ALREADY!" Glue shouted. I immediately told them to shut up, but they kept on bugging me. I could see [Y/N]'s red face. "J-Just ignore them." I mumbled. "Hey, uh, this is going to sound crazy, but do you actually have a crush on me? I-I'm just asking, y-you don't have to answer this!!" They said. I can't lie now, as I probably do have a crush on them. 

"Yeah, uh I sorta do. I know we just met, but I really can't hide it anymore. It's like-"

"Love at first sight, huh? Yeah, I could relate. If I had to be honest," They slowly walked over to me and cupped my hands together. "I also have a small crush on you." I felt my face get red but I attempted to calm myself down. They planted a kiss on my forehead, and soon walked off. "Hey, come here! The challenge is about to start!" I looked at them with awe, but I smiled. I followed after them.

"Hey! Wait up for me!"

--

i'm going through art block and writer's block again for the 600th time😁