[REQUESTED] Rivals to Lovers - Firey x Coiny

3rd Person POV

Firey and Coiny had always been known for their heated rivalry. Whether it was over their shared past, the coveted Dream Island, or just petty arguments, their interactions were often characterized by fiery exchanges. But aside from all of their nonsense, there was something more deeper going on between the two.

One day on the contestant grounds, Firey and Coiny, despite their history, were lying beside each other under the same tree, thanks to a suggestion from their friend, Leafy.

"Hey, Firey, can you believe how nice the weather is today?" Coiny remarked, starting the conversation with an unusual note of casualness.

Firey, somewhat surprised by the civil tone, replied, "Yeah, it's pretty great. I guess it's perfect for a day like this." 

As the day went on, the contestants enjoyed the sun and how calm the atmosphere was. But the peace was interrupted when a playful squabble erupted between Firey and Coiny over a beach ball from Bottle. It began as a teasing exchange of words but quickly escalated into a full-blown play-fight.

"Give it here, Coiny!" Firey said with a smirk, trying to wrest the beach ball from Coiny's grip.Coiny responded with a sly grin, "Oh, you want it? You'll have to catch me first!"

And so, they began a chase, playfully pushing and shoving each other, their laughter echoing across the place. Their friends watched in surprise, not used to seeing these two rivals interact with content joy.

During their play-fighting, their gazes met a few times, and they both felt something different in the air. It was a combination of excitement, adrenaline, and an attraction they hadn't previously acknowledged. The way their eyes locked and their bodies brushed against each other seemed to create a spark. Especially Coiny, who have had feelings for Firey for quite a long time.Finally, they collapsed onto the sand, both panting and laughing. The beach ball lay forgotten between them. As they lay there side by side, they couldn't help but look at each other differently. The competitive tension had transformed into a different kind of tension, one that was laced with desire.

"You know," Firey began, still catching his breath, "I never thought I'd say this, but that was fun."Coiny chuckled, a hint of a blush on his face. "Yeah, it was. Maybe we should do this more often."Their playful rivalry had taken an unexpected turn, revealing a deeper connection that neither of them had anticipated. The two awkwardly just sat there, trying to catch their breaths. 

"Hey, Coiny," Firey started. "I kinda like you, like, a lot." 

Coiny's eyes widened in surprise. "O-Oh, er, I've had this huge crush on you for a quite a while, so I could say the same." He said.

Firey immediately pulled Coiny into a tight embrace, as they were so close together that Firey made the first move to kiss Coiny. After a while, the two let go and smiled at each other.

 "Today was really fun, thanks to you." Coiny said.

Firey nodded in agreement, as he cupped Coiny's hands and began more conversations.

~~

BONUS:  "They look so cute together, don't you say, Pin?" Leafy asked. "... Pin?"

"I-It was amazing! I'm now going to happily die!" Pin said, with fake tears in her eyes. "Their asses finally got together, I'M SO PROUD OF YOU COINY!!" Pin yelled. 

"Y-Yeah, I'm also proud of them." Leafy said, taking a glance at Pin.

------