[REQUESTED] The Cherry Blossom Tree - Match x Reader

[you are a self-insert competitor in BFB]

also humanized because

--

Your POV

The cherry blossom tree, also known as the confession tree. There is a myth going around that if someone brings their crush under that tree and confesses to them, the two are going to be in love forever. Most of the other competitors already did it, while the others don't find each other...well, attractive. It's common to see 2 objects under the tree every once in a while, and then the others freak out but congratulate the two for whatever. Going and grabbing her under that tree was my goal, but how exactly will I accomplish that? She's so pretty that she already has a partner already, or other objects are also in love with her.

Though we're on good terms. Her other best friend, Pencil, does not and will not know that I have a crush on Match. Heck, that'll ruin my reputation! Right now I see Match drawing something in a sketchbook. It seemed like she glanced towards me and immediately closed her sketchbook after seeing me. How weird. I got up off the grass and gathered around Four and X for the next challenge. After he told us what the challenge was, he separated us into groups. Fortunately, I was placed in a group with Match. Her hair gently flows in the wind every step she takes. I reach my hand out towards her hair, but I stopped myself. "I really need to stop." I murmured to myself. "Hellooooooooo? You in there?" I heard someone say. I turned around, crossing my fingers hoping that it wasn't-

"Why are you staring at my BFF?" Pencil said. "Oooh, I get it. You have a crush on her! HAHAHA-" I cut her off by kicking her knee. "Ugh, what was THAT for!? It was just a joke, calm down." Calm down? In a situation like THIS!? I sighed. "What do you want?" I groaned. "I want you to do everything I say for 2763 hours!" She said. "W-WHAT!?" I didn't even realize I shouted so loudly that even the other teams could hear me. "You're hurting my ears, don't talk for 2763 hours startiiing...NOW!" She said, while laughing hysterically. "But I didn't-" I didn't even bother to finish my sentence, as she continued to laugh and walked out to Match. This is bad. I took a few steps forward to decipher what the two were talking about. "[Y/N] has a crush on you!" Pencil said, in a low whisper voice. "W-Wha?" Match said, staring at me with confusion in her eyes.

Pencil slowly walked towards me. "She has a crush on you too!" She said, snickering. Wait, Match has mutual feelings for me? No, she's probably lying. But Pencil wouldn't normally lie when she's spreading rumors...well at least sometimes she doesn't lie. But either way, I thought I saw Match blushing and covering her face with her hands. She turned and started scolding Pencil. "Y-You weren't supposed to say that!" She said. I didn't know what the two were talking about next, but then Match suddenly came forward to me. The thing is, is that we were directly under the cherry blossom tree. I have a chance. "[Y/N]," She said. "D-Do you really have a crush on me?" She asked, but she wasn't mad. She was just confused. "Don't get mad at me...but yeah." I said. She took another step forward, this time our faces just being inches apart from each other. Then, she softly kissed me. Her soft lips touched against mine, as I also kissed her back. The feeling, love, truly is powerful. I've never really felt something like this before. As we pulled apart, I saw Pencil giving us a smirk.

"Kehehehe! You guys only kissed because of me! Ahahaha!" She said, walking where our other teammates were because the challenge had already been started. I heard Match chuckling, as I joined in too. "I love Match as a BFF, but honestly at most she's a huge goofball." She said. I laughed.

"Yeah, I can see that."

--

lool (i love match too why do many people hate her ughuheudhd82882)

help i was gone for 4 days

--