[REQ] Your fixated gaze - Four x Reader Fluff

No one's POV -

Four was often known for his crazy behavior. However, there was one thing that no one expected: his fixated gaze on a contestant. You.

You were just an average contestant, trying your best in the crazy challenges, but Four couldn't help but notice you. Your determination, your kindness, and your smile all captured his attention. 

-

"Hey guys how about we focus instead of arguing?" You pleaded, as the others bickered instead of helping out in the challenges. You felt like a doormat just standing there, so you took a huge sigh and called it quits. It was like this for each and every challenge, your team argues and it's just a loop of nonsense at this point. One day, during a particularly challenging challenge, you found yourself in trouble.

The challenge required you to navigate a treacherous obstacle course, and you were struggling. "This is too hard! Oh well, I'm not doing this anymore." Pillow whined. It seemed as if she said this on purpose. "I hate stupid challenges!" Fanny cried out in anger. "Please guys. Just believe in yourselves!" You attempted to lift up the mood, but it didn't work, so in turn you too became worried as Four watched from the sidelines. You felt someone staring at you for a long period of time, so you turned around and saw Four just a few feet away.

You quickly turn around. Once again, you sigh and walked off, trying to find a solution. You laid your forehead against a tree, trying to think. But it didn't work out. "God, can someone just help me already..."

Four's POV

My eyes were fixated on one person. [Y/N]. I couldn't get my eyes off of them. They seemed exhausted, and I kind of understood. The contestants always get exhausted, which is pretty normal. But this time, I really felt like helping. "What if I had jus-" I shook my head. "No... it'd be unfair for a host like me." I looked off to the side, trying to find X for some assistance, but they were nowhere nearby. I took a big breath in, and without thinking, I felt myself walking over there. Genuinely concerned, I tapped [Y/N]'s shoulders. "You seem quite exhausted." I spoke. I just suddenly realized how stupid that sounds when I say it in person.

"A-Ah, yeah. I'm just thinking." They say, somewhat frightened. I smiled a bit. "Here." I placed a bunch of materials that could help. "Don't tell anyone I gave you these..." I said playfully. I could see the smile on their face. "I-Uh, thank you, Four." I smiled back, and I soon walked away.

No One's POV

You found his interaction with you confusing, but you shrugged your shoulders and managed to happily skip over to your team. They all seem relieved when you brought back the items. "Hey, where did you get these from?" Tree asked. "Oh, just from someone." You spoke. You're pretty sure at this point you certificate yourself with the most terrible liar. Ironically. He gave me the thumbs up and our team--including myself--was back to work. Once Four announced the winners, you and your team cheered. I noticed that Four had a joyful demeanor, a lot more unusual than normal. You understood that he knew that you guys were going to win, after all. 

You walked over to him, and he greeted you. "I just wanted to say thanks, again. I don't think I would've done all of that without you. I gave him a slight hug, and he started sniffling. "Four? What's wrong--did I make you-" "No, it's not you. It's just because I've never gotten a hug from anyone other than X, my best friend. You made up your mind you wanted to be friends with Four. "Hey, I have an offer for you. I can be your friend and give you all the hugs you desire. Okay?" He had a huge grin on his face. "I would...like that."

~~