[REQUESTED] Understanding - Needle x Teardrop

i dont feel like writing lmfao i feel like writing in my other books🏴‍☠️

Ok🙂

--

Needle's POV

I leaned against the wall, feeling the sharpness of my own edges digging into the cold surface. It was just another day on this crazy spaceship, but lately, I couldn't shake the feeling that everyone hated me. I couldn't understand why, and it was driving me mad. The bitter thoughts gnawed at me, and I needed someone to confide in. That someone was Teardrop, who sat nearby, her gentle presence providing a soothing contrast to my restless thoughts.

"Teardrop," I mumbled, my voice a mere whisper, "I don't get it. It's like everyone despises me, and I don't know why."

Teardrop's sapphire eyes met mine, filled with a silent empathy that made me feel like I wasn't alone.

"First, there's Pin," I began, my voice tinged with frustration. "She's always criticizing me for being sharp. What's wrong with that? It's who I am!"

Teardrop nodded, her silent support encouraging me to continue.

"And then there's Coiny," I continued, my agitation growing. "He treats me like I'm beneath him. He rolls his eyes and makes snide remarks whenever I speak. What did I ever do to him? Why is he so judgmental?"

My voice trembled with irritation as I ranted, finding relief in finally voicing my frustrations. "And Snowball, don't even get me started on him. He's just plain mean. Always calling me names and poking fun at me. It's like he takes pleasure in being cruel."

Teardrop remained a steadfast listener throughout my tirade. Her unwavering presence was a lifeline, allowing me to release the bottled-up emotions I had been suppressing for so long.

"Teardrop," I said, my voice softer and more vulnerable now, "why do they all treat me like I'm some sort of villain?"

Teardrop reached out, her hand placed on top of mines. It was a wordless gesture, but it conveyed reassurance, empathy, and understanding better than any words could.

As I let out a long, shaky breath, I felt my anger and frustration subside. It was then that I realized how incredibly lucky I was to have Teardrop as a confidant. Without a word, she had shown me that I wasn't alone, that someone cared about my feelings, and that my pain was understood.

"Thank you, Teardrop," I whispered, my voice filled with gratitude. "I don't know what I'd do without you. You're the only one who truly listens and cares."

Teardrop responded with another gentle, comforting touch, and in that moment, I knew that I didn't need words to find solace and understanding in her presence. With Teardrop by my side, I felt a little less sharp, a little less alone, and a lot more appreciated. She beckoned me for a hug, and my body hesitated for a moment, but I hugged her back.

"This feels, well, comforting." I murmur, looking down and seeing Teardrop closing her eyes and drifting to sleep. 

"Heh, sleeping right now? That's not very common of you." I say, making sure my tone doesn't sound arrogant, so she doesn't take it the wrong way. I close my eyes too. 

"I guess this is what friendship feels like." I say, glancing at Teardrop. In the corner of my eye, I swore I saw her smile a little bit. She looked up at me and kissed me on the cheek. 

"H-Huh!? O-Oh, thanks..." I said, dazed. The feeling that was left on my cheek felt weird, but for some reason, I actually enjoyed the feeling. I attempt to kiss her back, but instead we both kissed each other on the lips.

I made sure I embraced the feeling, realizing this is what it's like to actually love someone. Sure, there were a few nice contestants on here, but Teardrop seemed to understand me the most, and I like her for that.

--

oh no it's the writer's block disease ooh so scary! (help😭)

--