[REQUESTED] Accepting - Tree x Reader Angst/Fluff

Your POV

also dont get confused because this is more of a memory of reader idk how to explain it help
--

You might think that all of the teams are open for welcoming new members and new friends, but for Tree, one of the contestants, it seemed like the branches of friendship were about to snap. It all started when the teams reshuffled, and I found myself on Tree's team. The team, composed of familiar faces like Pen, Pillow, and some others wasn't very welcoming to the new addition, which was me.

Tree had always been one to accept everyone, no matter their differences. But something had changed. His team members were less open, and they questioned my own abilities.

"Oh, [Y/N]." Pillow said. I saw her whispering to Tree. "Do you really think this is a gooood idea?" I overheard her say. I couldn't do anything at all, so I chose to ignore the rest. They thought that adding a new member was a bad idea and that they would just slow them down. I could easily tell that Tree couldn't understand it. He didn't want to lose his friends, but he also didn't want to alienate me, which he was forced to do.

Days passed, and I desperately tried to fit in, but I couldn't help but feel like an outsider. Tree was stuck in a dilemma. He couldn't choose between his longtime friends and the new member he had grown close to. It was hard, because I had to do everything by myself, and Tree was ignoring me. I almost felt like crying. One evening, as we sat by the campfire, Tree told me that he needed to talk to me. He led me away from the others, under the shade of a giant fern.

"Hey," Tree began, his voice filled with uncertainty. "I'm really sorry about how my team's treating you. I never thought they'd be like this."

I gave Tree a sympathetic smile. "It's okay, Tree. I know it's not your fault." I've always known that he was forced to do this, which is quite upsetting. I glanced at his other teammates, laughing and playing around.

Tree sighed, his leaves rustling. "I don't want you to feel unwanted. I've always believed in including everyone, no matter what. But now, I feel like I'm pushing you away, and I hate that."I nodded, understanding the predicament Tree was in. "I know you're in a tough spot, Tree. I don't want to come between your friends, but I also don't want to lose your friendship."

Tree's eyes glistened with determination. "Then you won't. I'm going to talk to my team and make them understand that we can all be friends. We can make it work, even if it's a bit challenging. I don't want to push you away anymore."

I smiled, touched by Tree's sincerity. "I appreciate that, Tree. I'm really glad to have you as a friend." We both hugged together, comforting each other. It's been a while since I've talked to him, so I cherished this moment. We let go and had to walk back to the contestant grounds because it was almost nighttime, and we had to go sleep.

Over the next few days, I noticed that Tree worked hard to bridge the gap between me and his team. He spoke to all of his teammates, explaining how important it was to him that they accepted me. It felt wrong spying on him afar, but slowly, but surely, the team started to come around. They saw how sincere Tree was and realized they didn't want to hurt their friend by excluding me since they all value Tree's feelings.

Eventually, I became an integral part of the team. They shared laughs, strategized, and faced challenges together. Tree was relieved that he hadn't lost any of his friends and that the branches of friendship were once again strong. I put my hand on top of his, and I could feel him flinch a bit, but he still had a smile on his face.

One evening, as our team sat by the campfire, Tree turned to the me with a smile. "I'm really glad we're all friends now, and I want to tell you something."

"Hm? What is it, Tree?" I asked, curious.

Tree took a deep breath, his leaves rustling with nerves. "I realized during this whole ordeal that you mean a lot to me. You're not just a friend; you're someone special."

My eyes widened in surprise. "Tree, are you saying..."

Tree nodded, his branches swaying gently. "I'm saying that I have feelings for you, and I wanted to tell you, now that we're all together as friends."

My heart raced, and a warm smile spread across my face. "I have feelings for you too, Tree. I'm so glad we found our way back to each other." He leaned in and kissed me, and I kissed him back.

"Hell yeah! I don't really like seeing others happy, so time to dieee!" Pillow said, carrying a torch with her. She started chasing us around, and I somehow don't remember the rest... I probably died back there!

--