Chapter 6

Lu Zheng'an's foot injury was not serious at all, but he was afraid that Song Huaishu's small body could not support him, so he used a lot of force on his injured left foot when he came back. After everyone dispersed, Lu Zhengan took off his shoes and socks, sat under the lamp and looked at his ankles, which were as swollen as dough buns, and his melancholy face changed shape.

You must know that he is the only one outside the home now. If his ankle is swollen like this, it will probably not heal in ten and a half months. During this period of time, eating, drinking, and defecation will probably be a struggle...

The slight pain in his ankle kept Lu Zhengan awake for most of the night. He waited until dawn before closing his eyes and taking a nap. By the time I opened my eyes, it was already the end of Chen hour.

Lu Zhengan tried to move his left ankle, and it seemed that it was not as painful as last night. He got up from the bed and limped out of the room. After washing himself for a while, he warmed up the leftover steamed buns from yesterday to satisfy his hunger.

The best thing to do after a sprain is to apply ice first, but it's already past Qingming Festival, and the ice and snow on the mountain have already melted. Lu Zhengan had no choice but to scoop out half a basin of cold water from the vat, put a handkerchief on his instep.

While Lu Zheng'an was sitting under the eaves, applying his feet, he suddenly heard the door panel being pushed open. He looked up and saw the village chief, Lu Changgen, walking in.

Lu Changgen saw Lu Zhengan sitting under the eaves with a grimace and thought he was upset about yesterday's Mid-Spring Festival. However, after his eyes shifted to his swollen feet that looked like steamed bread buns propped up on the chair, his already frowning brows became even tighter.

"How did you do this? Why is the swelling so severe?" Lu Changgen said as he walked up to Lu Zhengan.

Lu Changgen reached out and pinched Lu Zhengan's ankle, and was relieved when he found that it was just an ordinary sprain and no bones were damaged.

"It was dark last night, and I accidentally twisted it when I was going downhill."

Lu Zhengan felt a little embarrassed when his ankle was suddenly pinched by Lu Changgen. He wanted to curl up back, but he heard the village chief hold his ankle and said: "Don't move, I will clean it up for you."

Lu Changgen was born in the army. He later returned to the village from the border after being injured in the war. He has been in the army for a long time, and he can handle some common bruises and sprains.

When Lu Zhengan saw that the village chief wanted to help him lift his feet, he subconsciously resisted. Seeing the serious look on the village chief's face, Lu Zhengan moved his buttocks on the bamboo chair with a stiff face, feeling an urge to escape.

"Village Chief, actually...it can take a few days to heal."

Lu Changgen saw that Lu Zhengan wanted to hide, so he stepped forward and sat on the chair opposite him, put his ankle on his leg, and then said: "It may hurt a little at the beginning, please bear with it. "

Lu Zheng'an became even more uneasy when he heard what the village chief said. Before he could be mentally prepared, a sharp pain suddenly came from his ankle. The pain made Lu Zhengan's eyes black and he screamed.

...

Song Huaishu got up early in the morning and bought four-color gifts. After settling down his mother, he took his father all the way to Hualong Mountain.

This was Song Xiren's first time outside the town this year. Looking at the surrounding scenery along the way, his mood, which had been depressed for many days because his beloved wife was ill, gradually eased.