Chapter 69

After sending Lu Zhengan and Song Huaishu away, Song Xiren didn't go to the shop again. After helping my wife tidy up the house, it was already time to make dinner. One of them started the fire, the other held the spoon. In less than a quarter of an hour, two bowls of porridge, one meat and one vegetarian, were served on the table.

Because Song Huaishu was pregnant, the whole mood of the Song family's elderly couple improved. When I feel good, my appetite will increase, and my health will also improve a lot. Song Lanshi, who used to take medicine every winter, actually rarely coughed this year.

Song Xiren gave Song Lanshi a piece of scrambled eggs with chopsticks. Thinking of talking to Lu Zhengan about planting fruit trees in Baoshan this afternoon, Lu Zhengan couldn't help but speak because of the hesitation in his words.

"Previously, Zheng'an was very confident about planting fruit trees on Baoshantou. Now I see that he is hesitant. Could this child have encountered something? Difficulty?"

When Song Xiren said this, Song Lan also felt strange. However, after thinking about it carefully, I guessed the general reason.

"This child is afraid that he doesn't have enough money, and Huai Shu is pregnant now, so he doesn't dare to act rashly. After all, Baoshantou is not a small job that can be completed in three or two days. It will take at least three years to complete it." He must be hesitant about turning back money now."

Although Song Xiren felt that what Song Lan said was reasonable, Lu Zhengan and Song Huaishu had previously sold dried peaches for nearly one hundred taels of silver.

Neither of them are lavish people, so they probably have a lot left over. It shouldn't cost much money to cover a barren mountain that no one cares about. The savings in their hands should be almost enough.

"A mountain top shouldn't cost much. Even if Huai Shu is pregnant with a child, how much additional expenses will it cost? I will ask him carefully about his condition another day."

Song Xiren added a chopstick to the cabbage with vinegar, looked up at his wife across from him, frowned and said, "Even if Zheng'an doesn't have enough money, can't we still help? Selling fruit? The profit is so high that we can't lose money." What? Ben, it would be a shame for him not to take advantage of his opportunity."

As soon as he said this, Song Lan raised his eyebrows and looked at Song Xiren, sighed heavily and asked him: "Zheng'an and Huaishu have been in a contract for so long. You haven't seen this child's character and temper yet. clear?"

Seeing Song Xiren's confused look, Song Lan simply put down the chopsticks in his hand and said to him: "Zheng'an has lost his parents since he was a child. He is used to relying on himself to support himself. Even if he doesn't have enough money, he won't be afraid. He will take the initiative to ask us. I'm afraid Huai Shu doesn't even know about this."

Hearing this, Song Xiren also fell silent. After a long while, he said to Song Lan: "I will ask someone to go to the Yamen tomorrow to find out what this Baoshantou is? What is it? The charter. Eat quickly. If the food gets cold later, you may feel uncomfortable after eating it."

Although the sky was extremely gloomy, after the cold wind blew through the night, the dark clouds just dispersed.

Early in the morning, Song Xiren walked out with a few taels of silver in his pocket, and stopped people on the way to the county government office.

Hufang's surname is Ma and his given name is Yaozong. He is not tall and has a mustache that he presses with his thumb whenever he has nothing to do. Song Xiren had dealt with him twice. This man seemed to be kind and polite, but he was actually an extremely shrewd person.